Windows 10: ping spikes while gaming

Discus and support ping spikes while gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by constantgamer, Dec 2, 2020.

1. ping spikes while gaming

ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and packet loss of 100% every few seconds and unable to play with any satisfaction in the day, but when its past midnight it works perfectly well. i have grown tired of waiting 12 hours a day just to game in the night time and mess up my sleep cycle. so plz help if you can. my ping at night is 110ms on European servers and about 180 in the daytime on the same servers with so much lag i get killed instantly when i play. i need to know what could be the cause of this issue and how to fix it. i have complained to my isp many times and they say the internet is fine and in working condition. i will gladly give more info if needed. thank you in advance.

:)

constantgamer, Dec 2, 2020

2. Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Nartical Win User
    Ping Spikes

Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to

1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now

Nartical, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Kevin AAW Win User

ping spikes while gaming

Ping Spikes

Recently, I have discovered that I am receiving ping spikes from 200-1000 every 10 seconds or so when playing games, causing me to rubberband. However, I usually receive around 20ms in between ping spike intervals. I am using an ethernet cable that is connected
    'Wi-fi Booster', which is connected to my router downstairs. I have tried multiple solutions in an attempt to fix this issue such as:

• Checking if my network adapters are outdated
    • Troubleshooting my network adapters
    • Changing my default DNS server to 1.1.1.1 (gives lower ping than 8.8.8.8)
    • Disabling the feature where my PC would usually download updates from other computers
    • Disabling OneDrive sync in Policy Group Editor

This is what it typically looks like, however it gets somewhat worse over time:

ping spikes while gaming 201586fb-2889-435d-a165-01c04477c2ac?upload=true.png

PingPlotter results:

ping spikes while gaming 4ce5ebe3-f4d6-4df8-8857-ca78f552020c?upload=true.png

Kevin AAW, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

ping spikes while gaming

1. ping spikes while gaming - Similar Threads - ping spikes while

2. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  3. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  4. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  6. Having really High Ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having really High Ping spikes while gaming: I am having really high ping spikes all of a sudden while gaming. It just happens recently and work fine before. I am hard wire in and nobody else have this problem and I will have it when no one else is online. I try some basic trouble shooting. I also notice Window event...
  7. Random ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random ping spikes while gaming: Hi,I've been having this problem for a while now with my wifi. Whilst playing games I will go from a steady ~20ms to 300+ for about half a minute and then shoot back down.This is a similar question to this however I have a problem that he...
  8. Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming

Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming: Hello, This issue has been asked to death on various forums but I've tried many solutions and have failed to find a fix for my recent ping spikes. I have been experiencing ping spikes of around ~2000ms occurring 2-4 times every minute after I start gaming. The games are...
  9. Random ping spikes while gaming.

Random ping spikes while gaming.: I recently (about 2 weeks ago) started having random lag spikes while playing games. I only really notice it while playing online video games with friends, and i can tell that it is a ping issue not a frame rate issue. My Discord is also affected. My friends recommended...
  10. Ping spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes in games: So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced...