Windows 10: Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections.

Discus and support Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have been getting huge ping spikes / drop outs for a long while now and can't figure out what's causing it. I'm 99% sure it's my laptop, because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nixher, Jan 27, 2020.

1. /u/Nixher Win User

Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections.

Hi, I have been getting huge ping spikes / drop outs for a long while now and can't figure out what's causing it.

I'm 99% sure it's my laptop, because I've done ping tests simultaneously across multiple devices/connections and only my laptop ever has ping spikes.

I've tested ping via the command prompt, pinging 8.8.8.8 and for the most part I get between 9-20ms. Every now and then, it will go into the 100's, then drop out and come back, all in the matter of 3-10 seconds. Now I realise for the average user this would never be a problem, but for playing games, this causes an instant dropout.

I've tested on my home WiFi/Ethernet, using my phone's 4G, all have the same result. I've checked there is nothing else using network through task manager and there isn't, I've tried with only my device on the network, no difference. I've gone over most of the usual fixes, changing windows update settings, disabling WiFi sense, changing WiFi autoconfig settings and other such fixes, but none were geared towards this particular issue, they all seemed to be focusing on WiFi.

I'm running the latest update of Windows 10, AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10C (4C+6G) 2.50GHz, 8GB RAM.

I've posted an example of a typical lag spike which happens anywhere between every minute, up to every 30 minutes or so.

Any help or answers would be appreciated, Thanks!

submitted by /u/Nixher
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nixher, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ruyki Win User

Ping spikes on wired connection

It's most likely your ISP.

Do you get more spikes when you put load on your connection or does loading the connection have no effect on the ping spikes?

DNS should not matter since when running a ping test, the address is most likely resolved only once at start.

Ruyki, Jan 27, 2020
  3. cdwhite2 Win User
    Windows 10 ping spikes on wired connection

Hello, I just updated to Windows 10 and everything is running smoothly except my internet on a wired connection is experiencing ping spikes very frequently and randomly. I first noticed this when playing a game where consistent connection speeds is important
    so at first I thought the game was at fault. Afterwards I test my connection using speedtest.net and I noticed that my connection speeds kept going up and down randomly. Before Windows 10, I was using 8.1 and would get consistent ping of around 80, after Windows
    10, it jumps randomly between 70 and 250+. I know the problem is isolated to my computer running Windows 10 because when I connect the Ethernet cable to my laptop, it does not experience these same connectivity issues. I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing
    this issue or if anyone has a solution? Thank you!

cdwhite2, Jan 27, 2020
  4. KianJK Win User

massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Ping spikes, Windows 10, over all connections. - Similar Threads - Ping spikes connections

2. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  3. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  4. Windows 10 ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ping spikes: I'm currently having lots of ping spikes in games and it goes from around 50ms to 200ms. I have just gotten to Windows 10 through media tools so I pretty much have a clean installation of Windows 10. I have tried almost everything but I still can't seem to get the ping to...
  5. Windows 10 ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ping spikes: I'm currently having lots of ping spikes in games and it goes from around 50ms to 200ms. I have just gotten to Windows 10 through media tools so I pretty much have a clean installation of Windows 10. I have tried almost everything but I still can't seem to get the ping to...
  6. Windows 10 ping spikes

7. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes on Windows 10: I just encountered an annoyance in Windows 10, particularly when playing games. Because of this, I can no longer play any games smoothly. Websites occasionally fail to load, and download speeds are poor. I tried everything I could think of, including installing drivers,...
  8. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes on Windows 10: I just encountered an annoyance in Windows 10, particularly when playing games. Because of this, I can no longer play any games smoothly. Websites occasionally fail to load, and download speeds are poor. I tried everything I could think of, including installing drivers,...
  9. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

10. Ping Spikes In All Games

Ping Spikes In All Games: I keep having ping spikes whenever I play any game on my pc rendering the game unplayable due to the game freezing and most of the time ending in my death. I have searched the internet using every method that I have found or know how to accomplish and cannot stop the ping...