Windows 10: Ping timeout every few hours

Discus and support Ping timeout every few hours in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem which my internet is not stable, I can't have a proper Zoom call for a while now. I checked my ping and it keeps timing out every few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniaak, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Daniaak Win User

Ping timeout every few hours

I have a problem which my internet is not stable, I can't have a proper Zoom call for a while now.
    I checked my ping and it keeps timing out every few seconds. I have reset my network settings and it apears to fix the problem but only for a few hours, then it starts acting up again. I have also uninstalled my network driver and installed it again, It as well fixed the problem but the problem just comes back after a few hours.
    A week ago I factory reset my pc, it fixed the problem for about a week and now it has the problem came back.

Please help. Thank you.

:)

Daniaak, Nov 23, 2020

2. Ping Timeout only on one PC

I have several PCs, and many wireless devices in my home.
    I have recently started having horrible timeout issues on the main PC.
    I will run a continuous ping on on them all, and only the main one stops for about 30 seconds and then recovers only to do it again a in about 60 seconds.

I thought it was the NIC, so I disabled the onboard and got a USB NIC I had laying around and hooked it up and ran it again. Same timeout issue. No change.
    Tried a new port in the switch. Same thing. Swapped ports from a working one and the non working one, problem followed the main PC.

Also I should mention, the Main PC (Or server) is running the Unifi software for my wifi. I didn't think that would make a difference, but the WiFi is having an even worse time of it. Unless it's relevant, lets forgo the wifi in case it is being caused by the server.

Windows 10 1903 build 18362.1082

Thanks!

*Edit 1*
    I forgot to mention, when it times out, I do NOT lose local connectivity within my network. Only internet access.

Including photos:

Ping timeout every few hours [​IMG]

Ping timeout every few hours [​IMG]

JakeReindl, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Wouter Win User

ping ignoring -w (timeout) switch

The following documentation states:

After some testing, this seems to explain your issue. I have tested pinging example.com, wich replies between 70-85ms for me. When setting timeout to 80ms, some pings fail, and some don't. So, somewhere below 80ms starts to be "very small".

Wouter, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Ping timeout every few hours - Similar Threads - Ping timeout every

2. Black screening every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screening every few hours: Hi, My pc has been crashing every now and again for the past few weeks, but now it is starting to happen every hour. It is also no longer giving me a blue screen and is now just turning off my monitors and black screening. I have tried quite a lot of solutions online but...
  3. OS crashing every few hours

OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  4. OS crashing every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS crashing every few hours: My operating system Windows 10 has been rock solid for a couple of years now. I attribute this mostly due to the fact that I have managed to prevent the operating system from updating all that time through various methods. A couple of months or so ago Windows suddenly got...
  5. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  6. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  7. High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Ping Spikes Every Few Seconds: This has happened before, but it fixed itself with a windows driver update, but now I've done everything I can to fix this. Every 5 seconds or so I get a really high ping spike, like 500 to 1000ms and it is unbearable and it keeping me from playing any online games. please...
  8. Wifi ping spikes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi ping spikes every few seconds: Hello,Recently I got a new laptop,all seemed fine until I decided to go play some games on it, I was having major ping spikes every few seconds and it really sucks. when I ping my router /google in both cases I get spikes that go up to around 2000-3000ms occurs once then goes...
  9. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...