Windows 10: Ping Timeout only on one PC

Discus and support Ping Timeout only on one PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several PCs, and many wireless devices in my home. I have recently started having horrible timeout issues on the main PC. I will run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakeReindl, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Ping Timeout only on one PC

I have several PCs, and many wireless devices in my home.
    I have recently started having horrible timeout issues on the main PC.
    I will run a continuous ping on on them all, and only the main one stops for about 30 seconds and then recovers only to do it again a in about 60 seconds.

I thought it was the NIC, so I disabled the onboard and got a USB NIC I had laying around and hooked it up and ran it again. Same timeout issue. No change.
    Tried a new port in the switch. Same thing. Swapped ports from a working one and the non working one, problem followed the main PC.

Also I should mention, the Main PC (Or server) is running the Unifi software for my wifi. I didn't think that would make a difference, but the WiFi is having an even worse time of it. Unless it's relevant, lets forgo the wifi in case it is being caused by the server.

Windows 10 1903 build 18362.1082

Thanks!

*Edit 1*
    I forgot to mention, when it times out, I do NOT lose local connectivity within my network. Only internet access.

Including photos:

Ping Timeout only on one PC [​IMG]

Ping Timeout only on one PC [​IMG]

:)

JakeReindl, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 21, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

I don't think there is a way to show ping while playing. Ping is shown on the server list though.

erocker, Sep 21, 2020
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Ping Timeout only on one PC

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

no it's not

cheesy999, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Ping Timeout only on one PC

1. Ping Timeout only on one PC - Similar Threads - Ping Timeout

2. ARP IP removed / Ping Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARP IP removed / Ping Timeout: Hi Guyson my Host in home local network all hosts via Wifi to Router , I deleted an IP Address of one Deskopt-Host from ARP Table using cmd arp -d <ip> on my Host. The deleted entry is listed back in ARP Table on my host but now i am not able to ping this IP . When i try to...
  3. ARP IP removed / Ping Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ARP IP removed / Ping Timeout: Hi Guyson my Host in home local network all hosts via Wifi to Router , I deleted an IP Address of one Deskopt-Host from ARP Table using cmd arp -d <ip> on my Host. The deleted entry is listed back in ARP Table on my host but now i am not able to ping this IP . When i try to...
  4. ARP IP removed / Ping Timeout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Horrific Spikes. From near 20 ping to timeout or 3k+ Spikes Every 5-10 seconds or so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrific Spikes. From near 20 ping to timeout or 3k+ Spikes Every 5-10 seconds or so.: This issue JUST popped up and has been happening for the past 2 days..... I ping google and end up with a constitstant pattern of 20 ping to 3k or timeout every 5 to 10 seconds or less. Ive done everything in my power in modifying windows on repairs ive seen from the forums...
  6. Horrific Spikes. From near 20 ping to timeout or 3k+ Spikes Every 5-10 seconds or so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Horrific Spikes. From near 20 ping to timeout or 3k+ Spikes Every 5-10 seconds or so.: This issue JUST popped up and has been happening for the past 2 days..... I ping google and end up with a constitstant pattern of 20 ping to 3k or timeout every 5 to 10 seconds or less. Ive done everything in my power in modifying windows on repairs ive seen from the forums...
  7. Horrific Spikes. From near 20 ping to timeout or 3k+ Spikes Every 5-10 seconds or so.

8. Ping timeout every few hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ping timeout every few hours: I have a problem which my internet is not stable, I can't have a proper Zoom call for a while now. I checked my ping and it keeps timing out every few seconds. I have reset my network settings and it apears to fix the problem but only for a few hours, then it starts acting up...
  9. Frequent Timeouts When using Ping Command

Frequent Timeouts When using Ping Command: Hello guys, For the last week or so I have been having issues with my internet connection. The issue is as follows, periodicallyevery 10-12s my fps games would lag out for 0.5-1s. This may not seem like a big issue, but I do play competitively and this kind of connection...
  10. Ping timeout despite working Internet?

Ping timeout despite working Internet?: Hello, i have the problem that i have been struggling with my internet for some time now. In general, it works fine, but it happens again and again that pages don't load at first and I can't connect, for example in online games. Another anomaly is the above mentioned...