Windows 10: PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Discus and support PING: transmit failed. General failure. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No Microsoft. You are wrong. "General failure" is always the the wrong answer. Tell me something useful that I can debug. "General failure" tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by burit0, Dec 8, 2018.

1. burit0 Win User

PING: transmit failed. General failure.

No Microsoft. You are wrong.

"General failure" is always the the wrong answer.

Tell me something useful that I can debug. "General failure" tells me nothing.

"ping" is an age old diagnostic tool. You have neutered it.

:)

burit0, Dec 8, 2018
  2. miroxlav Win User

PING: transmit failed. General failure. – short outage every few minutes

Every few minutes, there is a temporary outage on Wi-Fi interface of my Lenovo Yoga X1 20FR laptop.
    The following output from ping command documents one such occurrence. Every second a new line is added so you can see how long the problem typically occurs.

The failure reoccurs exactly every 10 minutes.
    In Event log System, the following two messages are seen:

It looks to me like something is "playing" with Wi-Fi network adapter and the above two messages are just consequences of its reinitialization.

What is causing this and how it can be fixed?

miroxlav, Dec 8, 2018
  3. win 10 - will not let me run safemode with network

Ugo, Ping in safe mode results:

ping 127.0.0.1 + enter

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

2) ping 192.168.0.10 + enter

Pinging 192.168.0.10 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.10:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

3) pint 192.168.0.1 + enter

Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

4) ping 172.217.21.4 + enter

Pinging 172.217.21.4 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 172.217.21.4:

5) ping www.google.com + enter

C:\Users\jagg7>ping www.google.com

Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again.

GordMenzies, Dec 8, 2018
  4. PING: transmit failed. General failure.

Ethernet connected but no internet

I'm very sorry for that as I accidentally didn't do it while not using my wi-fi adapter so instead it gave me something different, this is what it is when I just have the ethernet connected

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:

TahyingThao, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. PING: transmit failed. General failure. - Similar Threads - PING transmit failed

2. Ping Transmit failed General failure error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Ping Transmit failed General failure error in Windows 10: Ping, Transmit failed, General failure error occurs at times in Windows 10 while performing the Ping Command. It is an extremely useful tool to diagnose connection problems and to verify that a computer can communicate over the network with another computer or network device....
  3. Ping "General failure" ~50% of the time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping "General failure" ~50% of the time: Around 50% of the time when running a ping, its returning "General Failure" for an unknown reason. This is leading to very dodgy internet. It works absolutely fine on Linuxping 8.8.8.8 -tReply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=114Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=18ms...
  4. Ping 192.168.0.* returns 'General Failure'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping 192.168.0.* returns 'General Failure': submitted by /u/Maelstrive [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji1wo3/ping_1921680_returns_general_failure/
  5. Ping - General Failure

Ping - General Failure: I have a laptop .193 that connects to my home network through a wireless access point .162. I can access the internet and I can ping out google.com and 8.8.8.8. I cannot ping anything in my network, including the gateway. Everything, including the laptop is static IP. I...
  6. how to fix ping transmit failed,general failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to fix ping transmit failed,general failure?: [ATTACH] my internet was ok before, but after we change video card and reformat the pc, it was getting disconnected only in my PC, hope you can help me fix this, in using windows 10 latest version...
  7. General Ping Failure help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    General Ping Failure help: [ATTACH] So, for some reason I can't ping my default gateway... I have tried these cmd commands: netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset Tried to turn off all firewalls, and when I type the default gateway in a webbrowser I just get "Your Internet...
  8. Ping 192.168.1.1 General Failure

Ping 192.168.1.1 General Failure: Hi. I have a problem in one of my computers. It successfully gets IP address from my router and successfully connects to the Internet. However, it can't detect my network WD drive, and while testing I discovered that it fails even to ping it's own IP address and even my...
  9. Ping 168.192.1.1 General Failure

Ping 168.192.1.1 General Failure: Hi. I have a problem in one of my computers. It successfully gets IP address from my router and successfully connects to the Internet. However, it can't detect my network WD drive, and while testing I discovered that it fails even to ping it's own IP address and even my...
  10. Tracert or ping not working, general failure

Tracert or ping not working, general failure: Hello, I tried a tracert today and it failed. I tried it a few different ways and the results are below. C:\Windows\System32>tracert bbc.co.uk Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [151.101.192.81] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 * General failure. Trace complete....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping transmit failed general failure windows 10