Windows 10: Ping

Discus and support Ping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having a problem recently where my ping will randomly spike to 400+ for a whileIt ranges from 20 minutes- 2 hours and then go back down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bavu13, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Bavu13 Win User

Ping

I have been having a problem recently where my ping will randomly spike to 400+ for a whileIt ranges from 20 minutes- 2 hours and then go back down. But while it's high the games are nearly unplayable

:)

Bavu13, Sep 19, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

I don't think there is a way to show ping while playing. Ping is shown on the server list though.

erocker, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Can ping but not browse

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: We need to check the status of the Internet Connection on your computer. Please follow the steps and let us know the status.

Follow the steps:

Step 1: Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press
      Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      view all and select Internet Connections.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Step 2: Perform Network adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    • Click Network Adapter, new window will popup.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 3: Run a ping test and check if any packets are lost. Refer the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • In Command prompt, type the following command
    • Ping www.msn.com
    • Check if there are any packets are lost.
    Method 2:

Step 1: One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. If
    you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.

Let’s reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
    • netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
    • Reboot the computer and check.
    Step2:
    Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• From Start screen, type command prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt
      and choose Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Also I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if it helps.

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/cant-connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Connect to the Internet

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 19, 2020
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Ping

BF3- Cant see ping (PC)

no it's not

cheesy999, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Ping

1. Ping - Similar Threads - Ping

2. Getting "Request timed out" when doing a ping on a server.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting "Request timed out" when doing a ping on a server.: I am trying to connect to a server on the internet. Other pc's on the network can connect to it but I get "Request timed out" when I try to ping the machine. Here is the screen shot: C:\Users\Owner>ping svn.zeropoint.com Pinging svn.zeropoint.com [63.78.117.80] with 32...
  3. Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers): Version 2004 I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable. I had enabled file / print sharing across these and was able to access files on the hard drives on the respective PCs. Yesterday I replaced...
  4. Can someone comment the maximum ping command. I need it full with ip adresses and counts...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone comment the maximum ping command. I need it full with ip adresses and counts...: Complete with everything (use a fake ip Tho) submitted by /u/Sugaryllama4130 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j826c6/can_someone_comment_the_maximum_ping_command_i/
  5. Random ping spikes - from 7-8ms to even 1000ms - back to 7ms

Random ping spikes - from 7-8ms to even 1000ms - back to 7ms: Hello guys. I got a problem right now. Something that has been happening for a month, two ago mainly when the pandemic broke I started seeing so many ping problems. An example I can give is that, almost every day, me and 3 friends have a regular ping spike. Today, I got a...
  6. Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router

Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router: Windows 10, Verizon FIOS router 3-4 years old. I can easily connect to the internet via wireless - however I have never successfully connected to our printer, which is in another room, connected to the router via ethernet, and has a static IP address. I finally got fed up...
  7. Browser Connections die after idle/short breaks; Can ping/tracert from powershell

Browser Connections die after idle/short breaks; Can ping/tracert from powershell: Hi. I've been having the problem for the last 3 months. If I step away from my computer overnight, it will lock up; have to hard restart. If I step away for a period of time, the computer responds, but I can't connect from a browser firefox or edge/chromium. However, If I...
  8. Unable to ping any device connected to the network including router , while having perfect...

Unable to ping any device connected to the network including router , while having perfect...: Whenever I try to ping any connected device, I get General failure . I am able to ping servers like 8.8.8.8 without an error. I looked up this issue online and tried several of the suggested fixes , but none of them worked , probably because they were for older versions of...
  9. Can not ping my web server

Can not ping my web server: I have IIS7 on my Windows 10. I can not ping it. It comes up as timed out. Also, a new website I added also will not for another person in another state but comes up fine for me in my browser. Please comment. EDIT: I should add that I installed Norton AV on the...
  10. Cant get to router via browsers. Ping, tracertbkay.

Cant get to router via browsers. Ping, tracertbkay.: Hi, Win 10 2004 19041.508 Get a 'Timed Out' trying to Login 192.168.20.1 (Router Gateway). All other access to net or LAN is fine. Tried FF, PaleMoon, Edge all the same. See it as 192.168.20.1 in my Net Analyzer. Thanks oz 164945