Windows 10: Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween

Discus and support Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Got a new laptop and WIN 10 taskbar behaviour have changed towards worse.I have 8 pinned icons on my taskbar left corner.When ever I open few of those,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RoHu22, Jan 14, 2022.

1. RoHu22 Win User

Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween

Got a new laptop and WIN 10 taskbar behaviour have changed towards worse.I have 8 pinned icons on my taskbar left corner.When ever I open few of those, that are in the middle for example icon 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 - then pinned icons, that are not opened - move to the right and stay between opened apps - see image belowThis is very frustrating, because idea of pinned icons is to have them in same place and for fast access instead of looking for those along the taskbar or looking for those in start menu. And the more instances you open the more these icons move awayIs there a way to fix pinned

:)

RoHu22, Jan 14, 2022
  2. mrgisa Win User

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Hi All,

Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that are driving me nuts and I don't know how (or if) I can fix them.

The main problem that is irritating me right now relates to the taskbar and pinned icons. I've pinned several commonly used icons which rest nicely, on the bottom left. However, when I click on an icon, I notice it will open up right next to the icon itself. I really dislike this, as it essentially boots all the other objects to the right of that icon to the right which makes it harder to find other objects in that taskbar list that I might want to click on to open. The problem gets worse when I click on several pinned items too.

Is there a way to force open programs to always open to the right of the last icon? It was obviously normal/possible to do this in XP/Win 7...

Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Gisa

P.S - Bonus questions/issues that are starting to bother me as well...
    I) is there a way to give these opened windows a dark black border, like in XP? Not a fan of the transparent borders but can't find the option to enable? ? them..
    II) I'm reaching here, but is there also a way to turn off the fade in/out when clicking on a video link or looking at pictures?

mrgisa, Jan 14, 2022
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 14, 2022
  4. John Win User

Windows 10 - Need pinned apps to open next to its icon

I'm running Windows 10 and I have apps pinned to the task bar. Below are examples of what its currently doing and what I need it to do going forward. Basically when I pin an app to the task bar it puts an icon there for me to click and open that app (Duh right?). When I click to open any of these apps, I need that app window to open next to the icon I clicked. The first screen shot below shows what it's currently doing, the second screen shot shows what I need it to do. Any suggestions?

Example of what it is doing:

Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween CsMfP.jpg

This is an example of what I want it to do:

Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween cpyi8.jpg

Thema:

1. Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween - Similar Threads - Pinned app icons

2. Can I move a taskbar icon that is pinned, to the middle or right on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move a taskbar icon that is pinned, to the middle or right on windows 10?: I want to move the taskbar icon you see on this image:to the middle or right of the taskbar, so it's not always next to what I'm using. Is this possible?...
  3. Can I move a taskbar icon that is pinned, to the middle or right on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move a taskbar icon that is pinned, to the middle or right on windows 10?: I want to move the taskbar icon you see on this image:to the middle or right of the taskbar, so it's not always next to what I'm using. Is this possible?...
  4. Can I move a taskbar icon that is pinned, to the middle or right on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Suddenly modern apps have no icons when pinned to taskbar on one user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly modern apps have no icons when pinned to taskbar on one user profile: Hi All,I have Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22622.586 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0.The PC has several user-profiles, 2 of which are regularly used.One of these has started to exhibit an issue where taskbar icons for modern apps are missing, so the taskbar...
  6. Suddenly modern apps have no icons when pinned to taskbar on one user profile

Suddenly modern apps have no icons when pinned to taskbar on one user profile: Hi All,I have Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22622.586 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0.The PC has several user-profiles, 2 of which are regularly used.One of these has started to exhibit an issue where taskbar icons for modern apps are missing, so the taskbar...
  7. Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween

Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween: Got a new laptop and WIN 10 taskbar behaviour have changed towards worse.I have 8 pinned icons on my taskbar left corner.When ever I open few of those, that are in the middle for example icon 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 - then pinned icons, that are not opened - move to the right and...
  8. Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween

Pinned app icons moved to the right when opening one inbetween: Got a new laptop and WIN 10 taskbar behaviour have changed towards worse.I have 8 pinned icons on my taskbar left corner.When ever I open few of those, that are in the middle for example icon 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8 - then pinned icons, that are not opened - move to the right and...
  9. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  10. Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?: Hi All, Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that are driving me nuts and I don't know how (or if) I can fix them. The main problem that is irritating me right now relates...