Windows 10: Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

Discus and support Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new computer, checked and downloaded updates. My problem is with some programs, usually there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gjn_689, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Gjn_689 Win User

Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new computer, checked and downloaded updates. My problem is with some programs, usually there is more options when I right-click the pinned icon on the task bar listed under "Tasks". One example would be my browser application (Brave) not showing "New Window" or "New Incognito Window." For others like 3D modeling software (Rhinoceros), "New" and "New from template," amongst many others are not present. There are only three options for my applications, the application itself, pin/unpin to the taskbar, and close program. I have tried

1.) Checking and unchecking showing recent files in the startup/taskbar settings menu

2.) Running DISM and SFC (no violations found)

3.) Restarting file explorer through Task Manager.

Posts in forums for these programs showed that this might be an issue on Window's side, as the same program versions across different computers are showing different options.

Thanks!

:)

Gjn_689, Dec 1, 2019
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Dec 1, 2019
  3. windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

Hi,

Try to pin the Applications from All apps and check if it helps.

• Choose Start >
      All apps,

• Scroll to the application you want to pin,
      right click and then click Pin to taskbar.

You may also try to pin it from installed location.

• Go to the location of the application you want to pin, (For example, to pin the
      Microsoft Word, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      and then to WinWord)

• Right-click
      the file and select 'Pin to Taskbar' from the context menu.

Try the above steps and let us know if you can pin applications to taskbar.

Rishad K T, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks" :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

1. Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks" - Similar Threads - Pinned Applications Taskbar

2. application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager: application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager : Search ,Microsoft Account ,Background Task hose and more...i am tying to access search bar , when i click on input box the just get close and nothing showed start bar get closed ,even if use shortcut : win + s to search...
  3. application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager: application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager : Search ,Microsoft Account ,Background Task hose and more...i am tying to access search bar , when i click on input box the just get close and nothing showed start bar get closed ,even if use shortcut : win + s to search...
  4. Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon: Hi there, I've noticed that my Taskbar icons more frequently revert to a generic one, rather than the actual app's icon. Here's what I mean: Seems like only Microsoft product icons are working as intended, even then Visual Studio isn't appearing correctly either. The issue...
  5. Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned applications on taskbar revert to generic icon: Hi there, I've noticed that my Taskbar icons more frequently revert to a generic one, rather than the actual app's icon. Here's what I mean: Seems like only Microsoft product icons are working as intended, even then Visual Studio isn't appearing correctly either. The issue...
  6. When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar: Please help... I go to the website I want to pin, click the 3 dots on top right side of page navigate down to more tools then pin to taskbar the box pops up at the top of the window to name the item then click pin but it will not show up on my taskbar. I have made sure the...
  7. Taskbar Application Tasks Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Application Tasks Not Working: I've been having issues with my computer and can't find any related articles online. If you right click on an app on the taskbar, there will be a window that pops up with several options. I can close or open up the app from the window, but every time I try to do anything else...
  8. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar: Hi With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the re-installation of Win 10 - see entry "file permissions" for details. One consequence of this problem and the execution of the...
  9. Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured": Came across a rather obscure issue this evening on a user's PC. Three of the user's PC programs were listed as "Not Measured" in the Task Manager/Startup tab. Associated with that issue was another issue: those applications should have created icons in the Notification area,...
  10. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc: [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom...