Windows 10: Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

Discus and support Pinned Desktop Folder Problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've had an issue for a while with the Pinned desktop folder that appears when you right-click on Windows Explorer in the taskbar, where it wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndersAndersen92, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

So I've had an issue for a while with the Pinned desktop folder that appears when you right-click on Windows Explorer in the taskbar, where it wouldn't open the desktop folder, but nor would it allow me to delete it. Kinda like this: I press delete and nothing happens at all. And as you can see in the top-right, the desktop folder isn't actually in quick access at all, so that's weird.But when I add the desktop folder to quick access, it suddenly looks like this:And seemingly no matter which of the two desktop folders I then decide to unpin from the context menu, whichever one is left behaves

:)

AndersAndersen92, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 23, 2022
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

1. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem - Similar Threads - Pinned Desktop Folder

2. Not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer: Hi All,I am not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer whereas others are working.- OS: Windows 11 Enterprise- OS Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621...
  3. Not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer: Hi All,I am not able to pin 'Desktop' folder thru File Explorer whereas others are working.- OS: Windows 11 Enterprise- OS Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621...
  4. Pinned Desktop Folder Problem

Pinned Desktop Folder Problem: So I've had an issue for a while with the Pinned desktop folder that appears when you right-click on Windows Explorer in the taskbar, where it wouldn't open the desktop folder, but nor would it allow me to delete it. Kinda like this: I press delete and nothing happens at all....
  5. Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating User Desktop Folder Problem: I need help correcting a problem I created with the relocation of my user Desktop folder. I am new to Windows 10, and I have limited experience with Windows7. System: Lenovo M725s Windows 10 Pro, 1909 Build 18363.815 AMD Ryzen 5 Pro CPU 8 GB memory C: SSD, D: hard file I...
  6. Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of desktop icons not appearing in the desktop folder.: Some people may have run into this problem. Here's a possible solution. Copy the desktop icon and paste it into another folder like the download folder. Rename the icon you have created. Put it on the desktop. It should appear on both the desktop and in the desktop folder....
  7. Desktop folder Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder Problem: Its only been 3 days since i clean installed windows 10 home 1909 for my Asus Laptop using a usb. I followed the this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587 i have...
  8. Pin an app to the desktop (or folder)

Pin an app to the desktop (or folder): I have a folder that I keep certain program shortcuts to keep from cluttering up the Start menu. I am having a problem pinning certain apps in W10. I would like to pin a couple of the games that I downloaded from the Store. When I right click. I have three choices - Pin to...
  9. Pinned Folder Shortcut Problems / Irritation

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Folder Shortcut Problems / Irritation: Hello 10 Forums, I'm hoping that this will be an easy one. I spend most of my time in Linux && am just recently becoming a regular user of windows 10. The Problem: I like OR would like to use the pinned shortcuts accessed on my taskbars folder icon by right-clicking. The...
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...