Windows 10: Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed

Discus and support Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day. Experiencing troubles when I try to remvove a pinned document on the jump list of Word that is pinned to my task bar. When I right click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UdoBehm, Feb 3, 2020.

1. UdoBehm Win User

Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed

Good day. Experiencing troubles when I try to remvove a pinned document on the jump list of Word that is pinned to my task bar.

When I right click the Word app I can see the entry. It is possible to pin the same document again - in this case the same document gets pinned twice to my Word jump list in the task bar. When I click on the remove icon nothing happens except for the second entry when I pin the same document again - then only the second pinned entry gets removed.

How can I remove the other entry? When I try to open it, Windows tells me that the element is not available anymore and whether I want to remove it out of the list. In case I choose the delete button nothing happens and the document still stays in the list same as before.

Hot to get it out from the list?

Thanks for your help!

[moved from German forums]

:)

UdoBehm, Feb 3, 2020
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

Can't add document to Excel jump list

I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when I try to pin a new item to it my request is ignored. I can manage my MS Word jump list without any problems.
    I've tried using the "Reset_and_Clear_Recent_Items.bat" script (refrred to elsewhere on this forum)
    to fix this, but it failed because it couldn't find the relevant folders in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
    Any ideas?

3. sygnus21 Win User

Humor me. Open your jump lists from the taskbar, mouse over one and click the pin icon. Does it pin?

Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed [​IMG]

Trying to pin from within Excel (opening Excel, pinning from the jump lists there) doesn't work for me. It only works from the taskbar - mouse over, click pin icon, pinned (as shown above in red). Again, this is Office 365.

Why it only works this way I can not say.

sygnus21, Feb 3, 2020
  4. ITM
    itm Win User

No - I tried that and it won't pin (that's how I used to pin things before, when it still worked). The screen flickers when I click on the pin, but the document remains on the Recent list, rather than moving up to the Pinned list

Thema:

1. Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed - Similar Threads - Pinned document jump

2. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  3. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  4. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  6. Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin URLs to browser jump lists: I've complained in the past about how Windows 11 eliminated the ability to pin a web page to the jump list for a browser on the taskbar. It's till not fixed if ever. Is there a way regedit? to accomplish this? I've gotten suggestions to use Edge, but they add each web page as...
  7. JUMP Lists

JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  8. Can't add document to Excel jump list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't add document to Excel jump list: I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when I try to pin a new item to it my request is ignored. I can manage my MS Word jump list without any problems. I've tried using...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. Pinned stuff on jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned stuff on jump lists: I quite like the jump lists. I use them on IE11, Mozilla and file explorer quite a bit. Each of these are pinned to my task bar. If I right click say IE11 I can see the jump list for frequent tasks such as private browsing, frequent sites and then I have pinned some sites....