Windows 10: Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list

Discus and support Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; File explorer is pinned to the taskbar. The pinned list contains various folders. I cannot open a folder on the pinned list with a left mouse single or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martin4224JF, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list

File explorer is pinned to the taskbar. The pinned list contains various folders. I cannot open a folder on the pinned list with a left mouse single or double click. I can right click them and open them. A single click on the pinned File Explorer will launch File Explorer.

Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list eeb5d240-6bd7-4b09-9a52-a04dc20ec235?upload=true.jpg

In addition the following applications will not launch with a click from the start menu nor will they launch after clicking them from the Windows button + X:

Mobility Center

Event Viewer

Device Manager

Disk Management

Computer management

Command Prompt

Command Prompt (Admin)

Task Manager

File Explorer

Taskbar pinned files work normally in other applications e.g. Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.

I can access folders normally from File Explorer.

I tried:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth – It worked and completed.

sfc /scannow – It worked and found no integrity violations.

I ran the windows Search and Indexing Troubleshooter, it found some “Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories” and fixed them. After a restart no change.

Login out and back in again does not change anything.

Running Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Installed 5/13/2018

OS Build 17134.285

I have read a number of other threads that note this problem. None offer solutions offered work and they are locked. Hoping this will get some attention.

:)

Martin4224JF, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Lauriso Win User

Can't click folders from File Explorer's pinned list

When I right click File Explorer in the taskbar, I clicking pinned folders in the list doesn't open them. I can, however, open a pinned drive, and left clicking the File Explorer icon on the taskbar also works.

Lauriso, Sep 26, 2018
  3. fnhanks Win User
    Pinned taskbar icons missing, however they're all still listed in %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

My taskbar is completely broken. Had all my normal programs pinned and everything was fine. Windows installed updates and my taskbar no longer has the pinned functionality. I can pin programs but they don't stay and immediately disappear when the program
    is closed or the computer is restarted.

If I look at %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar I can see all the programs I have pinned. However, none of them show up in my taskbar unless they are actually running.

I have tried the following:

• Deleting all shortcuts from this folder and re-pinning them
    • sfc /scannow (no issues)
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (no issues)
    • doing all of the above and restarting the explorer process
    Not sure what else to try. Windows obviously knows what should be there because it's placing all the shortcuts in this folder and I can see them being added/removed when I have the folder open and pin/unpin things. But the taskbar just doesn't care what's
    in the folder to display.

fnhanks, Sep 26, 2018
  4. TeddAdams Win User

Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list

Pinned Folders will not launch from taskbar

Thank you for your suggestions.

These did not help. I must add that I have had, errrrr, challenges on the upgrade of both these machines. I have lost file permissions on this machine, I have lost the start menu on both these machines and I have lost Cortana on both machines. All of these
    issues were resolved by using solutions from the community. To all, thank you. This is not a critical issue but it is irritating and forces me to change a work routine that I have used for a long time. My 'work around' is to pin the Quick Access to the start
    menu but it not the same. Unfortunately, I cannot pin the Quick Access folder to the taskbar.

In summary, all the Pinned items show on the File Explorer in both the taskbar and the Start Menu icons. Neither the Pinned items or the Recent items will launch from either location. File Explorer will launch into the 'This PC' window but not the Pinned
    or the Recent items.

TeddAdams, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list

1. Pinned Folders cannot be click opened/launched from Taskbar Explorer list - Similar Threads - Pinned Folders cannot

2. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  3. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  4. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  6. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  7. Pinned Folders cannot be click launched from Taskbar Explorer list

Pinned Folders cannot be click launched from Taskbar Explorer list: File explorer is pinned to the taskbar. The pinned list contains various folders. I cannot open a folder on the pinned list with a left mouse single or double click. I can right click them and open them. A single click on the pinned File Explorer will launch File Explorer....
  8. Can't open folders, which are pinned down to the taskbar (Explorer)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open folders, which are pinned down to the taskbar (Explorer): I have a problem opening folders that i pinned down in the taskbar. [img] When I click a folder nothing happens (with the exception of "this PC"/"Your PC", in which case it actually opens what it should open) This problem is limited to Windows Explorer, pinned items for...
  9. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click: Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no longer be opened with left click. Have to use right click and the Open. This did work normally when I cloned the system from...
  10. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any: The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same....