Windows 10: pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

Discus and support pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rockstar9, Oct 19, 2019.

1. rockstar9 Win User

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

hi there,

after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is only visible my pinned icons are not visible ...............help

:)

rockstar9, Oct 19, 2019

2. Icons in taskbar disappeared; pinning same icon in taskbar now shows "icon (2)"

ok, maybe I'm not describing my problem correctly.

As far as I know, I have only one taskbar active.

I right click on an app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon'.

I right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', it appears in the taskbar as 'Icon(2)'.

Now I have two icons of the same app (Icon & Icon(2)).

In my situation, the first 'Icon' disappeared somehow & only 'Icon(2)' is visible.

I then unpin 'Icon(2)' from the taskbar.

I then right click on the same app & select 'pin to taskbar', BUT instead on 'Icon' appearing in the taskbar, 'Icon(2)' appears! This leads me to believe that 'Icon' is still pinned to the taskbar BUT not VISIBLE.

The question is how do I correct this?

Dionicio JrPascual, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 20, 2019
  4. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop.

I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I restart the computer. No other shortcut does this.

The shortcut is present in the C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar folder. The attached screenshot shows the shortcut is present, but not showing on the taskbar.

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible [​IMG]

I normally use StartIsBack, but I disabled it and the shortcut continued to dissapear. I logged on with the Administrator account, same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

braincramp, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

1. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible - Similar Threads - pinned icons taskbar

2. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  3. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Taskbar icons not visible.: Some of the taskbar icons are not visible, they are still accessible when hovered over. How to fix this black taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-not-visible/27ce24c0-b25f-4a66-a8d1-d7cdd37fa5da
  4. Some Taskbar icons not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How get hidden taskbar icons to always show in visible taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How get hidden taskbar icons to always show in visible taskbar?: I like my Passport icon to always show down in the visible taskbar area instead of having to use the up arrow(^) to see it in the hidden area. How can I always lock it to the visible area whenever I plug in the passport? Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 179441
  6. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  7. visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    visible horizontal "hidden taskbar help: Hi all, so apparently when I enabled the feature to hide my taskbar there is this weird visible line across my screen. When trying to see a movie or any scene that is dark all I can notice is this god awful line that just wont disappear in full screen. I tired to make my...
  8. the "show hidden icons" arrow isn't visible and the volume also not visible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the "show hidden icons" arrow isn't visible and the volume also not visible: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/midoo14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e04q66/the_show_hidden_icons_arrow_isnt_visible_and_the/
  9. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  10. Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons hidden until new program is pinned: I've read many posts about hidden icons or icons showing wrong images etc, but my problem seem to be different from others. When I log on after a reboot, I only see the search icon and the Task View icon in the task bar even though I have several other programs pinned. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinned icons to taskbar not visible but are there

2. pinned items on taskbar not visible

3. word is pinned to my taskbar but is hidden

4. Word is Pinned to taskbar but icon is not visible