Windows 10: Pinned Icons

Discus and support Pinned Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is it that every morning when I log on to Windows 10, I have to unpin the Explorer and Edge icons from my task bar? Every. Single. Day! Worst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wendywoo_54501, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Pinned Icons

Why is it that every morning when I log on to Windows 10, I have to unpin the Explorer and Edge icons from my task bar? Every. Single. Day!

Worst version of Windows I've EVER worked with.

:)

Wendywoo_54501, Jun 21, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Pin PHONE 2 call icon and Weather icon on the screen.

Hi, THERLOSMABAYA.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To pin an app back to your Start screen, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to your App list.
    • Look for the app.
    • Tap and hold the app, and tap "Pin to
      start"
    • Go back to your Start Screen, swipe at the bottom part and you will see there the icon of the apps that you just pinned.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Pinned Icons

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Pinned Icons

1. Pinned Icons - Similar Threads - Pinned Icons

2. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  3. Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Outlook installed app. Not able to pin email. Pin icon missing.: I know about ensuring sort by date needs selected. All the other methods are available. No pin. We use 365 Business Premium. No matter what I cannot get the pin to appear when hovering over the email. I checked, it is there in the web version of Outlook. No update available...
  4. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  5. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

"Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  6. My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar: My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar, in my case they are File Explorer, Outlook, Edge. It goes so: 1. I unpin them 2. Restart computer or Windows Explorer in task manager3. All 3 are backMy company support spent a few hours investigating my...
  7. My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar

My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar: My Windows 11 keeps restoring some of the icons pinned to the taskbar, in my case they are File Explorer, Outlook, Edge. It goes so: 1. I unpin them 2. Restart computer or Windows Explorer in task manager3. All 3 are backMy company support spent a few hours investigating my...
  8. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  9. Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.

Default Icons Showing up when I pin any shortcut or anything goes into the taskbar.: Hi there,I recently bought this gaming PC around a month ago and have been trying to set up my taskbar for easy access to all the apps I frequently use. I keep pinning apps to my taskbar, through shortcuts or other methods, but they keep returning to the default Windows icon...
  10. Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon

Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon: Hi! i recently noticed that both pinned and unpinned items in the quick access menu have the same pinned icon.https://imgur.com/a/mgT4Wo5Heres the picture of the pinned itemhttps://imgur.com/a/G2Ee88iAnd heres the picture of the unpinned item that for some reason has the pin...