Windows 10: "Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar?

Discus and support "Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, So on Windows 7 the taskbar made perfect sense, you had your tiny icons in the quick launch area, and all the open programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brazerss, Feb 20, 2020.

1. "Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar?

"Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar? oZED9KXXofhMBGXQzmHkvMklY7gwg3DvqYgL3J4dTuE.jpg

Hey guys,

So on Windows 7 the taskbar made perfect sense, you had your tiny icons in the quick launch area, and all the open programs would show up on the taskbar the right. But for Windows 10, they changed it, so now when I click one of my applications it opens up pushing all of the pinned applications to the right. Not to mention they have tones of space between them, taking up most part of my task bar.

And, most annoyingly it replaces its pinned icon! So now if I wanted to open up another Chrome window, I can't simply click on my Quick Launch, but have to find wherever the "New Window" option is from Chrome. And they changed it too, because now they use "hamburger menus" for zoomers, instead of File>New Window (don't get me started on this one).

Is there any way to get the old Windows 7 style task bar without these stupid "pinned" apps?

https://preview.redd.it/c0qgisyzf4i...bp&s=12b3fdede995c74546e01d7b316f893370c82b0d

submitted by /u/Brazerss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brazerss, Feb 20, 2020

2. Is there a limit on pinned taskbar items?

You can only have up to 12 pinned items on any program.

What I suggest is making a folder with all the icons [RDP files] to the machines and pin it as a toolbar:

1. Create a folder named Remote Desktop (can be any name)
    2. Right click on empty space on taskbar
    3. Select Toolbars
    4. Click New Toolbar
    5. Locate to the folder and select it

(I suggest you keep them more organized, however.)

"Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar? ULDOs.jpg

My pinned folder is the programs folder.

RookieTEC9, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Feb 20, 2020
  4. "Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar?

Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

In Windows 7 you could drag a pinned item on a taskbar tile to move it up and down the list of pinned items.

This drag/drop functionality is not available in Windows 10 - I read somewhere that the only way to resquequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

This is a pain.

Does anyone know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

Thanks

davecope22, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

"Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar?

1. "Pinned Items" are Stupid. How do I get back the normal taskbar? - Similar Threads - Pinned Items are

2. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  3. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?: I used a completely safe third-party service that allows you to make taskbar groups when you click on it, it displays multiple shortcuts of your choice, as well as setting an icon for that taskbar group. I use it to easily access folders C Drive, Recycle Bin, Desktop,...
  4. How do I open a pinned taskbar item on cursor hover?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the taskbar back to the normal one?

How do I change the taskbar back to the normal one?: So I just updated my windows. and the taskbar changed alot.First now it shows the weather, which I hate, and want to disable but I do not know howSecond, is the way the apps on the taskbar are shownThis is how it looks, before the update when some app is opened it only shows...
  6. Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is underlined, how do I get back to normal?: I logged into my computer the other day and noticed everything is underlined and opens with a single click. After checking the obvious (folder options) with no success I searched for alternative answers. I have tried half a dozen registry hacks, removing recent updates,...
  7. Orange screen - How do I get back to normal?

Orange screen - How do I get back to normal?: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop. When I sign on the screen is orange. Otherwise everything sems normal, but the orange color is extremely annoying. I've tried doing a system restore to before the latest windows update, have turned off the night light feature, and...
  8. How do I get this back to the normal desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this back to the normal desktop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pvang015 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imsngt/how_do_i_get_this_back_to_the_normal_desktop/
  9. how do i get back to my stupid computer/??>??

how do i get back to my stupid computer/??>??: this **** windows appeared and id gladly get my stupid computer back for **** sake thanks im taling about the Microsoft account services or whatever is called pls...
  10. How do I get windows 10 back to normal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get windows 10 back to normal?: So one day my son comes back from school and tries to login/ add his account form school, and somehow changes the normale windows 10 into windows 10 education. So now I have the active windows on the bottom right of the screen. I also can't seem to find product key. If any...