Windows 10: Pinned items disappear in start menu

Discus and support Pinned items disappear in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mysterious Atmosphere, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Pinned items disappear in start menu

I'm facing a problem recently.

I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!!

I've pinned again and they disappeared again

Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?

:)

Mysterious Atmosphere, Jan 14, 2019

2. Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 14, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Where do you find the list of items pinned to the start menu?

A reasonable 'guess' following a couple of simple experiments suggests the registry:

Pinned items disappear in start menu [​IMG]

- note the name there.

- unless the data is held where access is restricted e.g. the WindowsApps folder.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Merk Win User

Pinned items disappear in start menu

Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I cannot pin that setting to the Start Menu, it does not appear on the Start Menu and "Unpin from Start Menu" causes the settings dialog to close. But Windows apparently thinks it is pinned to the Start Menu.

The Start Menu works perfectly but for this one issue. I am able to pin/unpin other apps and settings with no problem. So it appears the issue is limited to this one item. I have run System File Checker three times and no issues have been detected.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thema:

Pinned items disappear in start menu

1. Pinned items disappear in start menu - Similar Threads - Pinned items disappear

2. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  3. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  4. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  6. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  7. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  9. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  10. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible: I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pinned items disappear

2. programs pinned to start menu disappeared

3. pinned apps on start menu disappear

4. pinned to start dissapearting,
  5. pinned items to task bar disappears