Windows 10: Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

Discus and support Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I like to have the OneDrive folder pinned to my start menu. However, it constantly disappears and must be re-pinned. This has happened for years on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paladintom, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

I like to have the OneDrive folder pinned to my start menu. However, it constantly disappears and must be re-pinned. This has happened for years on multiple pcs and is remarkable frustrating. I don't even know if there will ever be a fix for this. It just seems like something I have to live with or change how I want my start menu organized.

It reminds me how frustrated I would get back in the day when desktop icons wouldn't stay put. I still do not have any programs icons on my desktop. It's only a temporary location and rarely has any icons on it.

submitted by /u/paladintom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paladintom, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Albeeone Win User

OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Aug 2, 2020
  3. psyvjor Win User
    Quick Access is Always Empty and Can't Pin Folders + Taskbar Programs Menu Disappeared

Basically I can't pin anymore. I'm not getting an error when I pin. Whenever I pin it's not appearing in quick access. But it appears on the file explorer jump list on the taskbar. I already tried other solutions like emptying these locations:

• %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\
    • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\
    but it doesn't work, it only made things worse. The jump list menu disappeared for pinned programs, like chrome ("start in incognito mode" and the like menus disappeared when i right clicked programs on taskbar).

Now i have 2 problems, quick access won't show my pinned folders and taskbar menu disappeared.

psyvjor, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears

1. Pinned OneDrive Folder on Start Menu Disappears - Similar Threads - Pinned OneDrive Folder

2. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  3. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  4. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  6. start menu disappeared

start menu disappeared: My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-disappeared/6666a5e1-2833-4dd1-b448-11b015e4587f
  7. A start folder disappeared :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A start folder disappeared :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Mexigore [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gndny6/a_start_folder_disappeared/
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.: I just tried to rearrange all the things I have pinned in my start menu and came to realize that it's impossible for me to move folders pinned to Start. I can move around pinned apps and programs without any problem, but if I pin My Documents, Recycle Bin or any other folder,...
  10. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...