Windows 10: Pinned TaskBar Icons: How to replace Letter Tiles w/ website logo?

Discus and support Pinned TaskBar Icons: How to replace Letter Tiles w/ website logo? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Most of my pinned task bar icons that I have added are all simplified tiles with the first letter of the corresponding website. ie: Gmail is " G",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by david4455, Sep 5, 2015.

1. david4455 Win User

Pinned TaskBar Icons: How to replace Letter Tiles w/ website logo?

Most of my pinned task bar icons that I have added are all simplified tiles with the first letter of the corresponding website.

ie: Gmail is " G", American Airlines is " A", Flyertalk is " F". Google is " G" (causing confusion with Gmail.), etc.

Is there any way to change these tiled icons to the website logo like in windows 8.1 or 7?

Thanks.

:)

david4455, Sep 5, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft store

Hi Chris, on your Taskbar is there an icon that looks like a shopping bag - click that to open the Store.

If that icon does not exist, click your Start Button, type store, right click the result and choose 'Pin to Start to put a tile on your Start Menu or 'Pin to Taskbar' to put an icon on your Taskbar

DaveM121, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Joe VH Win User
    IE Address bar displays wrong ICON for a website

IE Address bar displays EBAY ICON instead of shopathome address ICON for Shopathome.com website. How can this be corrected? I want to pin it to my taskbar but it will have the wrong image in my taskbar.

Joe VH, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Pinned TaskBar Icons: How to replace Letter Tiles w/ website logo?

1. Pinned TaskBar Icons: How to replace Letter Tiles w/ website logo? - Similar Threads - Pinned TaskBar Icons

2. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  3. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  4. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles

taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles: Dear Help apologies I am sure this is basic but somehow the look of my windows 10 has changed I like my taskbar at bottom full of clickable pinne icons; word, firefox, windows explorer etc they have vanished and also the icons in the mainscreen have vanished. they are...
  6. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  7. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  8. windows logo icon on taskbar

windows logo icon on taskbar: Hello Anyone, I want to put the windows 10 logo icon on the taskbar and I cannot find this anywhere. Why do I need it you might ask, because think that when there is an upgrade such as 1909 soon it will notify me as it did when I changed from 8.1 to 10. Any help would be...
  9. Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?: If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar and/or a tile. Is this possible? 79716
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...