Windows 10: Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021

Discus and support Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just did a routine update to Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. On logging back in I discovered that all of my pinned tasks disappeared. I can open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wkrasl, Jan 13, 2021.

1. wkrasl Win User

Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021

I just did a routine update to Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. On logging back in I discovered that all of my pinned tasks disappeared. I can open the programs from the start menu but they do not appear in the taskbar, pinned or otherwise. In the start menu I can pin to the start menu, but again nothing happens when I select "Pin to Taskbar."

"https://support.microsoft.com/searc...i+pin+to+taskbar+WINDOWS&isEnrichedQuery=true" just says to do exactly what I had already tried.

Now what?

:)

wkrasl, Jan 13, 2021
  2. sixt5cuda Win User

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Jan 13, 2021
  3. ariefcfa Win User
    Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021

1. Pinned tasks disappeared today 1/13/2021 - Similar Threads - Pinned tasks disappeared

2. Non-receipt of invoice since 13/6/2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non-receipt of invoice since 13/6/2021: Dear Sirs,Our company has not yet received the latest invoice up to 13/6/2021.Kindly advise us the outcome and how to get the latest billing.Best regardsAccounts DepartmentChak Chun Construction HK...
  3. KB5004237 - July 13, 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5004237 - July 13, 2021: July 13, 2021 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 KB5004237 Highlights * Updates for verifying usernames and passwords. * Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations. * Updates an issue that might make printing to certain printers difficult. This issue...
  4. July 13, 2021 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGqGrojPMNU

July 13, 2021 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGqGrojPMNU: Tomorrow July 14, 2021Nightmare Bader BatarfiWalk in Kids Bedroom to Bedroom to Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BagZipping Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BagLeave your Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop in Walk for Bedroom 2 to Bedroom 1 to Bedroom Down LaptopTurn on your Omnya Bafarat's HP...
  5. Info KB5001330 Apr. 13, 2021

Info KB5001330 Apr. 13, 2021: Read all about it Today's Headline: Edge C Replaces HTML Full story HERE. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/info-kb5001330-apr-13-2021/d6943c55-d051-4230-834e-5b4def7ee2cb
  6. update KB4023057 2/1/2021

update KB4023057 2/1/2021: Good Day, My laptop has windows 20H2 but I keep getting other windows of different updates of KB4023057 to update and not the 20H2 I am told that this update is harmful to my computer and it won't go away it stays in my update file all the time. I can download but cannot...
  7. Boot issue after March 13 2021 Update

Boot issue after March 13 2021 Update: I am using DELL Latitude E6420 service laptop. After updating the March 2021 update my laptop will not rebooting and loading windows.It's going into loop and check disk also don't show any error....
  8. Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.

Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.: The latest update, install 1/13/21 has corrupted my fonts. I've tried to search the Community for solutions but I can't use the services.msc or regedit or control panel because I can't read any of the information displayed. All Settings and browsers seem to display...
  9. Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

Task bar disappeared with all pinned items: I am working now from home and I worked to pin several things to the task bar. Somehow that all disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-disappeared-with-all-pinned-items/7a09b3f2-d068-430b-8ff9-34b0af456da0
  10. Was There A Major Upgrade To Win 10 Today (12/13/15)

in Windows 10 Support
    Was There A Major Upgrade To Win 10 Today (12/13/15): I had a message on my screen after I logged back in to my laptop today. It said "We've updated your computer". Then it switched to "All your files are right where you left them." and wouldn't do anything else for almost five minutes, but you could tell the PC was doing...