Windows 10: Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

Discus and support Pinned URLs on the taskbar location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a bunched of pinned URLs on my taskbar that I would like to copy from my old computer to my new computer. I know where the pinned apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TracyGarner2, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

I have a bunched of pinned URLs on my taskbar that I would like to copy from my old computer to my new computer. I know where the pinned apps are located %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar but the URLs are not in that folder.There are tons of sites/videos that tell you how to pin a URL, but none tell you where that file/folder is located that stores those links.

:)

TracyGarner2, Jul 20, 2021

2. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

I am looking for the location of the list of
    pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking for the
    location of those Pinned files wherever it may be located. The reason for this is I want to make sure that list is transferred from one PC to another, whether it be W7 to W10 or W10 to W10. The image below is what I am working with on my PC. I want to know
    where Softball, User_scripts, Active Projects, Script_Logs, Dropbox and Install shortcuts are located, not where they go to.

Pinned URLs on the taskbar location 52d751a4-6650-4b31-a6b7-33f04cdb5541?upload=true.jpg

DaroldMergens, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 20, 2021
  4. kreed66 Win User

Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

1. Pinned URLs on the taskbar location - Similar Threads - Pinned URLs taskbar

2. Problem with PIN to Taskbar for files located on samba server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with PIN to Taskbar for files located on samba server: hi everyone i have few files which are located on my samba server , but when i want to pin them to taskbar it doesnt shows optionplease help what can i do...
  3. Problem with PIN to Taskbar for files located on samba server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with PIN to Taskbar for files located on samba server: hi everyone i have few files which are located on my samba server , but when i want to pin them to taskbar it doesnt shows optionplease help what can i do...
  4. Taskbar location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar location: Are we not able to move the taskbar to the top of the screen anymore on Windows 11? Why would they take away such a simple feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-location/a5f5dc89-14dd-45a0-a9de-5bb2bc756239
  5. Taskbar location

Taskbar location: Are we not able to move the taskbar to the top of the screen anymore on Windows 11? Why would they take away such a simple feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-location/a5f5dc89-14dd-45a0-a9de-5bb2bc756239
  6. Taskbar's location

Taskbar's location: I have no problems with windows 11, besides the taskbar only being allowed at the bottom of the screen. I used to have mine on the left side to make switching browsers easier. For example, let's say I have 2 tabs open, Google and edge. if I went from edge to google I,d have...
  7. How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar): [ATTACH] Hello, I'm trying to create url shortcuts that behave like an app and that I could pin to my taskbar.I managed to create one but now it seems impossible to repeat the process, I'm going mad ! Here I created a Dynamics CRM shortcut pinned to my W10 taskbar (the...
  8. optiextion.dll whose location is a URL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optiextion.dll whose location is a URL: In my "recent activity" i found a file with the NAME optiextension.dll and the LOCATION was a URL! Should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/optiextiondll-whose-location-is-a-url/5200f26c-7e66-4b20-ac3c-0713d5ef3e32
  9. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar: I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking...
  10. How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar: Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar or to just drag the shortcut there (a red circle with a cross appears when I hover it over the taskbar) 1: Right clicked...