Windows 10: Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.

Discus and support Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title pretty much is this possible? No matter the sorting and grouping option I select I would love to have 1 file be pinned to be the top file no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BokerTheGreat, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.

Title pretty much is this possible?

No matter the sorting and grouping option I select I would love to have 1 file be pinned to be the top file no matter what, any info would be much appreciated.

:)

BokerTheGreat, Dec 4, 2018
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Dec 4, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 4, 2018
  4. GSquadron Win User

Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file.

1. Pinning a file in the folder that it is in, so it can be always the top file. - Similar Threads - Pinning file folder

2. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  3. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  4. After dragging a file to a folder I ALWAYS then have to scroll up to the top of the folder

After dragging a file to a folder I ALWAYS then have to scroll up to the top of the folder: This issue is driving me nuts.I am copying a file into a folder, whose files are sorted with the newest at the top.I copy by CRTL-drag/drop. The source & target folders are in detailed list view mode.When I drop the file into the folder, it gets "dropped" at the bottom of the...
  5. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  6. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top: I'm using WIndows 10, most recent version as of today.The last few days I've noticed a strange behaviour when accessing file managers, either File Explorer or 3rd party programs.When a directory or sub directory is chosen, the cursor always scrolls up to the top of the file...
  7. File Explorer--Always scrolling to the top

8. File Explorer is always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is always on top: The only way to view anything other than Explorer is to minimize it, is there a fix? Version 20H2; Build 19042.746; Windows 10 Pro EDIT: Tried this, but it fails on some things: Code: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop] "ForegroundLockTimeout"=dword:00030d40 Set value...
  9. Pinning Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning Files and Folders: Why do my pins to Quick Access in File Explorer and to program icons in the taskbar disappear when I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-files-and-folders/dbe493ef-77b9-42bb-8387-3ed17999a447
  10. file explorer popups not always on top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer popups not always on top: Everytime I do a copy, move, delete in file explorer if it produces a popup that requires action it is normally not on top and I end up doing it again and again b4 I realize it is waiting for input from the last 10 times I did it. It would be so much more user friendly it...