Windows 10: Pinning favorites open in Edge

Discus and support Pinning favorites open in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had previously tried the Beta version and discovered that there didn’t seem to be a way of pinning open my favourites panel (NOT bar) and having them... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by woldsweather, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Pinning favorites open in Edge

I had previously tried the Beta version and discovered that there didn’t seem to be a way of pinning open my favourites panel (NOT bar) and having them stay open when the browser is closed and reopned.

I had already had to change from having it on the right with Internet Explorer to the left with Edge, something I would rather not have done. Now the option to keep the panel permanently open seem to have vanished unless there is an extension that can do it?

Winver 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

:)

woldsweather, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Typhoon11 Win User

Edge favorites list does't stay pinned

Using Edge in Windows 10. I pin my list of favorites to the side, but when I close the program and reopen, it's no longer pinned.

Typhoon11, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Edge Favorites

Syed, Thank you for your reply. The steps you outline do not address the issue. Please read the problem description again. The issue is that in previous versions of IE, previously pinned favorites will be displayed when IE is started. Win 10 Edge
    requires several actions to have favorites displayed (pinned) along with web pages. These steps must be repeated every time Edge is closed (terminated) and then started up again. Please prove this to yourself by starting up Edge, pinning favorites to web
    pages, closing out Edge, and then restarting. The several steps required to pin favorites will need to be repeated in order to have favorites pinned to the web pages. If I am missing some steps to allow favorites to appear when Edge is started up, please
    advise.

Richard L_922, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Pinning favorites open in Edge

Windows 10 Edge Favorites

A Microsoft Support Engineer has previously responded to a question posted by CharlesBrownSC. Please read the stated problem again carefully. We understand the steps how to pin favorites in Edge to a web page: e.g. Home page. When Edge is closed out
    and restarted, the process must be redone to have the favorites pinned to the web page. This is different from IE 11 and previous versions of IE in that whenever favorites are pinned to a web page and closing out IE, restarting IE, the favorites will be present.
    Please prove it to yourself by performing the steps necessary to pin favorites to a web page, close out Edge, restart Edge and observe that the favorites will not restart with Edge. If we are missing some steps to allow the favorites to appear when we start
    up Edge, please advise.

Richard L_922, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Pinning favorites open in Edge

1. Pinning favorites open in Edge - Similar Threads - Pinning favorites open

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. Edge Favorites delay opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites delay opening: Hum, after some M$ updates my Edge Favorites drop down panel is as slow as Jobs turkey on Thanksgiving eve. I am not happy and will voice my opinion even though this forum does not like it. Anyone know why it is so slow now? - - - Updated - - - In Edge, the Favorites...
  5. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge NOT opening my Favorites.: I still have all of my favorites intact under %AppData%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favo rites However, opening Microsoft Edge, it just won't load these at all. How can I fix this issue? One thing I did was...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...