Windows 10: Pinning folders on taskbar

Discus and support Pinning folders on taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm not sure if this has been asked or resolved yet, but when I want to pin a specific folder onto my taskbar, it instead pins it to the File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheKingCandyMan, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Pinning folders on taskbar

So I'm not sure if this has been asked or resolved yet, but when I want to pin a specific folder onto my taskbar, it instead pins it to the File Explorer for some reason. For example, if I drag and drop the Downloads folder onto my taskbar, it creates a File Explorer button. Why is this and how can I remove it (so when I pin a folder it doesn't apply the quick access folder) and make it apply the correct folder? I've tried creating a shortcut and pinning that but it does the same thing. I really only want the downloads folder as I never use any other system folder. Any idea on what to do? I'm running W10 Pro v1909 build 18363.592.

submitted by /u/TheKingCandyMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheKingCandyMan, Feb 9, 2020

2. pinned a folder from desktop to taskbar, dissapeared

Right-click File Explorer shortcut (Pinned) in the Taskbar and see if the folder is listed.

It should appear as Pinned item in Quick access as well.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Pin Folder to Taskbar

I'm not having any luck in pinning a folder to the taskbar. I have one folder pinned there but can't seem to duplicate it.

I select the folder in file explorer, right click and select "pin to start". Then, I should be able to go to start, right click the folder and select "pin to taskbar" but that isn't an option. I get unpin, resize and open as three choices.

I tried dragging the folder but that didn't work. The taskbar is unlocked if that matters. Was this removed as an option?

MichaelGerbasio, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Pinning folders on taskbar

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Pinning folders on taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Pinning folders on taskbar

1. Pinning folders on taskbar - Similar Threads - Pinning folders taskbar

2. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  3. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  4. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trouble keeping pinned folders to taskbar

Trouble keeping pinned folders to taskbar: I have file explorer pinned to my taskbar. I then have folders I use often pinned to the file explorer icon but after a while I right click the file explorer icon and the folders are no longer pinned. What could be doing that?...
  6. 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10: I've pinned the "downloads" folder to the taskbar as per instructions here but when I click on it it opens another icon in the taskbar next to the pinned icon I created. Is there any way of stopping this as it's quite annoying. Have I done something wrong or is it just...
  7. I cant pin the Downloads folder to the taskbar.

I cant pin the Downloads folder to the taskbar.: Hi, I've been trying to pin the Downloads folder to the taskbar ater getting a new computer. It was possible on my old laptop which I got in 2016. Was there an update that changed that?...
  8. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404
  9. Custom folder pinned to taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom folder pinned to taskbar?: Is there a way to pin one or more folders to the taskbar? I know I can access it through the file explorer's jumplist but this involves too many clicks, and I like to be able to access my Downloads and Dropbox folder from the task bar, not the start menu. Or at least if...
  10. 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 How to 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information When you drag a folder or drive on the taskbar, they get a "Pin to File Explorer" in the jump list option by default. While you could...