Windows 10: Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

Discus and support Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kubinka0505, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS udyFt0M2xymdnIZ1Ih-ouiGZALMiEvnW7xah2ZQ8TbQ.jpg

I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders.

What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work?

Can't pin folder

submitted by /u/kubinka0505
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kubinka0505, Feb 15, 2021
  2. jsacks Win User

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

This fixed Quick Access for me too and I can now pin folders to Quick Access without the "The parameter is incorrect" error. This fix also brought the "Locked" category with the Quick Access folders to the right click menu of the taskbar icon for File Explorer.
    Before this fix I had nothing but "File Explorer", "Unpin from taskbar" and "Close window" showing when right clicking on the taskbar icon. I'm currently missing the "Recent files" category and the ability to pin files or folders to the taskbar. When trying
    to pin a file to the taskbar it only shows up in the Quick Access folder.

DevilsSnare, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

1. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS - Similar Threads - Pinning folders explorer

2. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  3. File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer's Quick Access sidebar erroneous display of "Pinned" icon: My Windows 11 is automatically showing the push pin icon for every folder listed in the Quick Access sidebar and every newly created folder is added to the list does not require multiple visits before being added to the list. Upon looking closer...when right-clicking on a...
  4. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  5. Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Win 11 Quick Access sidebar in Explorer: Hi there!After updating my win 10 to win 11, I have encountered a problem regarding quick access in explorer.Before the update, the quick access sidebar on the left of explorer used to be opened already. I had pinned my most used folders there so It was easy to navigate in...
  6. Quick Access Sidebar Vanished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Sidebar Vanished: Idk how. But my quick access sidebar is gone. How do I get it back? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-sidebar-vanished/4911a49b-65ba-4e4e-8720-52207153d12c
  7. Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and...: How to add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (in between Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc. are placed)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/add-a-folder-to-file-explorers-sidebar-in-between/d7f1d0c0-eaea-4929-939c-22308e80a70f
  8. Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc....: How to add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc. are placed)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/add-a-folder-to-file-explorers-sidebar-where-quick/d7f1d0c0-eaea-4929-939c-22308e80a70f
  9. Quick Access Sidebar Limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Sidebar Limit: I was wondering if it is possible to limit the number of folders that show up under "Quick Access" in the Explorer sidebar? Most of the time I don't need access to frequent folders, so it would be nice to limit this to my "favorites". Currently, I have "Show frequently used...
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...