Windows 10: Pinning Internet Explorer app to start

Discus and support Pinning Internet Explorer app to start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I want to pin an Internet Explorer accessed application to the start menu. I was able to do this in Windows 8.1. 20823 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jimfof1913, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Pinning Internet Explorer app to start

I want to pin an Internet Explorer accessed application to the start menu. I was able to do this in Windows 8.1.

:)

Jimfof1913, Sep 2, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

Running IE11 on a Windows 10 computer

First make sure Internet Explorer is enabled

Right click on the Start button and left click on Programs and Features

Click on Turn Windows features on or off

If Internet Explorer is ticked, go to the next page, otherwise tick Internet Explorer then OK

Now you need to find Internet Explorer and Pin it to the Task bar or Start menu.

Click Start then All apps

Scroll down to Windows Accessories, open the folder and you will see Internet Explorer

Right click on Internet Explorer and left click Pin to Task bar (and/or Pin to Start)

Then the Internet Explorer icon will appear on the Task bar

Make Internet Explorer the default browser

Click on Start > Settings

In the Settings window, click System

Click Default Apps, look for Web browser and click on the app underneath that (eg Microsoft Edge) and choose Internet Explorer in the drop down box.

John582n, Sep 2, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    My Windows 10 Internet explorer is gone.

Go start, All apps, Windows Accessories, Internet Explorer, Pin to Start and More and Pin to Taskbar

lacrumb, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Pinning Internet Explorer app to start

If it's a web based application, click on Settings sprocket while on the page, click on 'Add Site to Apps', it'll land in your All Apps Menu, right click on that and Pin to Start Menu.

Edwin, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Pinning Internet Explorer app to start

1. Pinning Internet Explorer app to start - Similar Threads - Pinning Internet Explorer

2. Is there a limit on pinned apps to Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a limit on pinned apps to Start: Hi,I want to pin about 70 shortcuts to the start apps, with I group in folders. I do this via editing the shortcut's target property with cmd /c "....bat" which is working fine to some extent - I can pin them via right-click on the shortcut.However, it seems that I'm just...
  3. Is there a limit on pinned apps to Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a limit on pinned apps to Start: Hi,I want to pin about 70 shortcuts to the start apps, with I group in folders. I do this via editing the shortcut's target property with cmd /c "....bat" which is working fine to some extent - I can pin them via right-click on the shortcut.However, it seems that I'm just...
  4. Start Pinned Apps not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Pinned Apps not working.: To be honest, Windows 11 is a POS platform! It has way too many issues. It is ****! Now pinned Apps are not working in the start menu. This seems to be a reoccurring problem as this happened with the rollout, again after 1 year and now its happening again after year 2! To be...
  5. Start Pinned Apps not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Pinned Apps not working.: To be honest, Windows 11 is a POS platform! It has way too many issues. It is ****! Now pinned Apps are not working in the start menu. This seems to be a reoccurring problem as this happened with the rollout, again after 1 year and now its happening again after year 2! To be...
  6. "Pin to start" crashing the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Pin to start" crashing the settings app: I wanted to pin windows update to start menu. So i tried opening the settings app and then right clicking on "update & security" to select the 'pin to start' option from the context menu. But the settings app freezes for few seconds and then crashes everytime i do this. Also...
  7. How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu: Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice) at the same time....
  8. Adding Internet Explorer Sortcut to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Internet Explorer Sortcut to Start Menu: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. I am trying to add the IE shortcut to my start-menu but I am finding it very difficult. I found some instructions online but they seem very complicated given that I am able to add other shortcuts with ease. Thanks! 117120
  9. Add Site to Apps in Start Menu from Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Site to Apps in Start Menu from Internet Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Add Site to Apps in Start Menu from Internet Explorer in Windows 10 How to Add Site to Apps in Start Menu from Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps...
  10. Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?: Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some frequently accessed folders and you see some pinned folders (downloads, pictures etc.) and I'm wondering whether there's any...