Windows 10: Pinning Sites to the Start

Discus and support Pinning Sites to the Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnstrini1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Pinning Sites to the Start

Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try to pin them to the Start, the blue square appears and when I click it, nothing happens. Instead of saying the site name, the square says, W squiggly line MSEdge.

I don't want the sites to remain on the Taskbar. I would like to have them pinned to the Start.

Can you PLEASE help me?

:)

johnstrini1, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Donwonnc Win User

Pinned sites on Start Screen lost during upgrade

Gena, This is the first real hope I have been given. Someone mentioned saving my Pinned to Start items to Favorites before upgrading. That is all well and good but most of us are here because we had no warning and have all ready upgraded. Every time
    a Web Site comes to mind that I had saved under (pinned to start), I write it down so I can find it again. Out of laziness or convenience, I would just pin my personal sites to (PTS) instead of Favorites or any other file. I never wrote these down on paper
    and I would love to be reminded of that list. If I can't see the list, I will have to refer to my list of passwords, my memory and necessity to retrieve this list. I have copied your suggested link to try that suggestion, however, If you can dumb it
    down for me I would appreciate it. I am not fluent in some terminology.

Donwonnc, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Pinning Sites to the Start

pin a site

Hi,

To better assist you, we'd like to clarify the following:

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Where do you pin the web site, is it on your desktop or on the start menu?
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Pinning Sites to the Start

1. Pinning Sites to the Start - Similar Threads - Pinning Sites Start

2. i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?: why cant i pin to start screen when in a web page no option shows but pin to task bar works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-pin-web-sites-to-task-bar-but-not-to-start/62282203-d611-43e6-8c87-d296f9d453f1
  3. Pin web site to start missing

Pin web site to start missing: Pin web site to start missing is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-web-site-to-start-missing/2ade8ff9-2cb5-4b76-9951-7ff008c8cbb4
  4. Pinned Web Site

Pinned Web Site: Is there still no way to rename web site I pin to the start menu??? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-web-site/f92a3f93-c1c2-46d8-a4d5-da9b32de6e6d
  5. Pin web site to start menu

in Browsers and Email
    Pin web site to start menu: Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878
  6. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...
  7. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  8. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist: Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on the taskbar. Maybe that method worked once (as I have an old one still pinned) but it doesn’t work. Same across multiple pcs...
  9. Not pinning to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Not pinning to start: The only icon I am having difficulty with is the "control panel" icon. When I click pin to start everything goes as planned except the icon will not appear in start. I have pinned and un-pinned multiple times. I have even tried to drag it over. No luck. I can pin any other...
  10. Internet site in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet site in Start: How to pin internet site to Start? 12188