Windows 10: Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything

Discus and support Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently having a problem where pinning any kind of shortcut to the taskbar via its context menu doesn't do anything. That is, a pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Felewin, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Felewin Win User

Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem where pinning any kind of shortcut to the taskbar via its context menu doesn't do anything. That is, a pin doesn't appear on the taskbar, and in the location '%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar' no shortcut file is created.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Professional. That may be the cause.
    Another potential factor is that previously, I have followed this guide (using both methods described) in order to further customize my system. The reason I mention that is because in researching I read the answer posted here. Unfortunately, I have not been able to fix the problem by undoing the first method of that guide; also there is no way to undo the second method of that guide, and I have been unsuccessful in fixing the problem by following the solution that answer describes (I couldn't find the 'Inkfile' folder). By the way, is it wrong that the 'link' key I deleted in following the process to undo the first method hasn't reappeared after restarting?

I'm not sure what to try next.
    I would really appreciate some help... sorry to be foolish enough to try and customize my system a bit, if that is what caused this issue.
    For now, I guess I'll have to use shortcut toolbars on my taskbar. Or is there a registry location where I can at least go in and, say, add a key with a shortcut address and icon address to add a pin with those properties?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Felewin, Aug 26, 2015

2. Mail App in Windows 10 - Version 1703 - Build 15063.138 (Creators Update)

As I wrote previously: "Right-clicking on the icon only offers "Pin to Taskbar", however
    IT IS ALREADY PINNED TO THE TASKBAR. I would like to UN{IN the Windows 10 Mail app icon from my taskbar but there is NO OPTION TO DO SO!

I think it would be quite obvious to try pinning it to the taskbar first if it wasn't already pinned there. However, if you meant just click on the words "pin to taskbar" to see if "UNpin to taskbar" appears, then I've already tried that too.

It is obviously a glitch with the new Creators Update, and restarting in safe mode, or anything like that, doesn't fix it either.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway...

johntdrums, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Size of icons in Windows 10 task bar

Google "7+ Taskbar Tweaker"

Can set pinned or running app Icons larger but doesn't do anything for the system tray icons. Or other toolbars.

BeefRWijker, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything

1. Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything - Similar Threads - Pinning Taskbar doesn't

2. Cortana Doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't anything: i'm trying to use my Cortana, it doesn't do anything, i cannot talk to it, I cannot write, It opens but without results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/7a0e07eb-9b06-4b9e-b7c8-ee4b18b35319"
  3. Cortana doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't anything: I try to find things for my Cortana and Cortana doesn't nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/35043d35-0f3e-4e5a-850c-b0b06fe8d2c2"
  4. Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar: Hey guys, i play with my taskbar settings for when i game....is their a way to PIN taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to the taskbar....the option is pin to start.. if anyone knows the command for that i can maybe create a direct shortcut 124165
  5. How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Pin A Gmail Shortcut To The Taskbar: Hi, I created a desktop shortcut to my Gmail account, that opens with the Chrome browser, directly to my Gmail account. However, when I drag the shortcut to the tackbar. The option to Pin it to the taskbar is not present. The only option available, is Pin To Google Chrome....
  6. Cannot pin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...
  7. "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "update" that doesn't do anything besides eating 26gb of space!!: I have NO idea why there is a folder named windows10update after days of seeing my hdd space being took by this update that i've searched for. since that took so many gb of space i wondered if was one of those really big large updates but after search about it it seems that...
  8. how do I pin hotmail to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    how do I pin hotmail to taskbar: Cannot find any reference to this little problem which I find annoying . 66543
  9. Pinning Gmail to Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning Gmail to Taskbar: I'd like to be able to pin Gmail icon to the task bar, but it attaches to my Mozilla Icon. On windows xp and window 7, the icon link always showed in the TB. Have tried 4 or 5 times, but still no luck. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks 22972
  10. Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking the speaker in a Chrome tab doesn't do anything anymore: Hey guys, so around a week ago the functionality of the speaker "icon" that you are supposed to be able to click to mute a tab in Google Chrome randomly stopped working. I recently made some tweaks to Windows 10 due to making a fresh install of the OS but unfortunately don't...