Windows 10: Pinning to Taskbar

Discus and support Pinning to Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SmokeySkypilot, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Pinning to Taskbar

While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on?

:)

SmokeySkypilot, Jun 22, 2019

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Pinning to Taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 22, 2019
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pinning to Taskbar

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Pinning to Taskbar

1. Pinning to Taskbar - Similar Threads - Pinning Taskbar

2. I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.: I'm using Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.535. My friend sold me a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 for a dollar (Yes, really. It's basically brand new, too) since he didn't really like it. I was putting my crap on it and it was working fine, then I rebooted and now the taskbar is...
  3. What are these blue pins i have in my taskbar since upgrading to 1909? I thought at first...

What are these blue pins i have in my taskbar since upgrading to 1909? I thought at first...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/onthefrontlinegaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emz732/what_are_these_blue_pins_i_have_in_my_taskbar/
  4. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  5. Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear

Gap in the taskbar and it pushes my pinned apps to the right making them disappear: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/INeedADoctor98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejo7uu/gap_in_the_taskbar_and_it_pushes_my_pinned_apps/
  6. Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once: When I single-click on an any icon pinned to my taskbar to start that program, I always get two windows of the application open up and begin to run. It is getting pretty irritating to have to close the unnecessary second instance of the program. How can I get a single-click,...
  7. Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks"

Pinned Applications in Taskbar not showing usual "Tasks": Hello, I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new computer, checked and downloaded updates. My problem is with some programs, usually there is more options when I right-click the pinned icon on the task bar listed under "Tasks". One example would be my browser...
  8. Pin to taskbar changed

Pin to taskbar changed: For twenty years I have had two windows explorer icons on my taskbar. When I clicked one I got a small pop-up list of six or seven key files or folders that I use regularly. It was based on a shortcut to a folder that contains shortcuts to those files or folders. Yesterday...
  9. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...
  10. pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible

pinned icons in taskbar are hidden or not visible: hi there, after an update my pinned icons in the taskbar like windows explorer, internet explorer, and pinned icons like chrome and other stuff which is present on the left-hand bottom as u know are not visible only Cortana and start menu icon and search icon is...