Windows 10: Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

Discus and support Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeff Richards1, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I do not get the option to unpin it. When I right click an app that is not in the taskbar I don't get the "pin to taskbar" option. Any ideas?

:)

Jeff Richards1, Jun 9, 2022
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar.

What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings.

ICIT2LOL, Jun 9, 2022
  3. GHDave Win User
    Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New

Here is a screenshot:

Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working [​IMG]

As I said in the first post, all those files listed under "Pinned" point to a bogus location. I can't delete them, modify them, or overwrite them. It would appear that something is locked.

I've tried unpinning Excel from both Start and Taskbar and rebooting, then re-adding. This list of files won't go away, and items can't be deleted or modified. Repeat from first post, this began today after I did the Windows Update.

ADDENDUM: I even tried something else, in desperation: I created folders/subfolders at the bogus location these pinned items pointed to, so the location was no longer bogus, then copied a few of the files referred to there. Rebooted. The files won't open (from the jump list), nor, still, can the pinned items be deleted.

GHDave, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help
    clarify.

When I unpin an app, and then right-click on the black area of the taskbar, a menu pops up as if that app is pinned there. So for example, I unpinned OneNote the other day. Now if I right-click on the black empty space of a majority of the taskbar, a menu
    will pop up as if OneNote were there. The options are "OneNote, Pin to Taskbar, and Close All Windows." I don't have any OneNote windows opened. I right-clicked directly beneath that OneNote menu box.

When I open an app that isn't pinned to the taskbar, such as Settings, it appears all the way to the right close to the notifications area. The taskbar is acting as though there are apps pinned everywhere between the Windows Store and the newly opened Settings
    page. Every time I try to pin and then unpin an app, the issue gets worse. Is there a way to reset my taskbar or fix this issue?
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working 7fcaf622-b7db-418a-809c-f371b58ba200?upload=true.jpg

twentyonellama, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

1. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working - Similar Threads - Pinning Unpinning Apps

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Title Taskbar Pin/Unpin functionality upgrade!?: In saving grace of search results and finds who wants to have pin to title no sooner to find that it didn't work... online Fair Trade Act Program for functionality community outreach ASAP purchase value common wealth software vs. landmine non-disposable computer devises....
  4. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  5. Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar: I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar. What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings. 119565
  6. Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" for Apps in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display...
  7. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  8. Pinning/Unpinning Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps: On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI. Anyone else experience this? 3184
  9. Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New: Hi! Did the Win 10 update last night. Now I can't run my pinned Excel files ("The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?") But when I say Yes, it's not removed. If I click the icon for...
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007