Windows 10: Pinning/Unpinning Apps

Discus and support Pinning/Unpinning Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Pinning/Unpinning Apps

On the Start Screen UI you can hold Ctrl + left click to select numerous items to pin or unpin at once but, it seems that's not possible on the Start Menu UI.
    Anyone else experience this?

:)

Edwin, Dec 5, 2014

2. How do I pin & unpin apps on start screen?

If you want to pin installed apps, tap and hold an app in the app list. Then choose to pin it to the start screen.

If you want to unpin an app, just long press the tile and you will see a unpin symbol (pin with a slash through it). Click that and it is unpinned.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 5, 2014
  3. TJ Girsch Win User
    How to bind hotkey to an app like Calculator in Windows 10?

The calculator app doesn't have a "Create Shortcut" option when you right click on it. Only pin to/unpin from start and pin to/unpin from taskbar.

TJ Girsch, Dec 5, 2014
  4. Pinning/Unpinning Apps

I wasn't able to select multiple items to remove them either.

I found a PowerShell script which removed almost everything from the Start Menu.

lehnerus2000, Dec 6, 2014
Thema:

Pinning/Unpinning Apps

1. Pinning/Unpinning Apps - Similar Threads - Pinning Unpinning Apps

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  4. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  5. Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar: I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar. What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings. 119565
  6. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.: Windows 10 Start Menu is Locked. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu. I have also tried this command in Powershell - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But my...
  7. Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning and unpinning to start.: Hey. When I try to pin something to the start using the right click on application/folder nothing happens. It looks like it should be pinned in to the start, but nothing changes in there. The things appear in the start after the restart of OS. The same problem is with the...
  8. Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" for Apps in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display...
  9. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007