Windows 10: PinTo10v2

Discus and support PinTo10v2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As a senior, I need your help. Every time I turn on my newer Dell desktop, I get an error that says PInTo10v2 is not working. Close program. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuanitaKukla, Jun 29, 2020.

1. PinTo10v2

As a senior, I need your help. Every time I turn on my newer Dell desktop, I get an error that says PInTo10v2 is not working. Close program. How can I fix this or can I delete this program with the uninstall feature?

I recently bought this computer with Windows 10 loaded from Office Depot. I have no idea what this program is and if i can delete it. I wish I had never bought a new computer because so many things have changed and moved around and I don’t work so I just wanted it for tracking medical info and correspondence only. Seems like this new version of all my MS Office programs are not as user friendly.

Sorry, I got off topic. Just very frustrated. I used to consider myself somewhat knowlegeable before, but since retiring several years ago, I mainly use my Ipad. When my old computer died, no choice but to buy something.

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

:)

JuanitaKukla, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Syberdoor Win User

Unpin File Explorer from the taskbar in Windows 10 via script or batch file

It should still work with the method used by PinTo10 which is based on this kinda crazy method where you basically rename your own executable to explorer.exe to get the privileges windows has for pinning.

It also seems you have to use a special link and not the normal one but in my tests if you use the one from "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places" it still works.

So that would be:

If you prefer a purely scripted method (should be enough for unpinning just not for pinning) this would be something like

(I could not test it with the newest Win 10 builds but so far they did never touch this part since they made it completely intransparent with windows 10)

Syberdoor, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

PinTo10v2

1. PinTo10v2 - Similar Threads - PinTo10v2

2. PinTo10v2.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PinTo10v2.exe: Is pinto10v2.exe a microsoft program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinto10v2exe/52a929ab-3f69-4fbb-9a35-153589fe6c33

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinto10v2 has stopped working