Windows 10: Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

Discus and support Pinyin tones keyboard in windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks. For example: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo So I searched how, but when I arrived at the last step after setting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Julieeishere, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks. For example: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo So I searched how, but when I arrived at the last step after setting up Japanese language. I couldn't find pinyin tones in the language keyboard from the Japanese language options. I have also tried setting the region to Japan and even China, but nothing changes. Why is it like that? Pleaase help! THANK U!

The instructions I followed came from this site
    https://www.yoyochinese.com/blog/how-to-type-pinyin-mandarin-chinese-tone-marks-windows-mac-os

:)

Julieeishere, Jul 5, 2020

2. Pinyin Tones keyboard

I want to be able to type Pinyin with the tones (*not* Pinyin to find Chinese characters). There is supposedly a Pinyin Tones keyboard, that, oddly enough, you can access through the Japanese keyboard. You are supposed to click on "add a keyboard", and
    the Pinyin Tones keyboard is supposed to be an option, but that option does not exist. Does anyone know how to access a keyboard that types Pinyin with tones?

AnnaBaptist, Jul 5, 2020
  3. SF_1 Win User
    type pinyin and tones on windows phone

I want to bump this up because I think this would a useful feature. Can someone help with this please? Is there (or will there be) a keyboard layout supporting pinyin tone marks?

To make this clear, e.g. when long pressing a, only á and can be selected. The other two pinyin tones ā and ǎ are not in the list.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone 8.1.

SF_1, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

I'm trying to type Pinyin tone marks on my computer, but I can't find an option in Windows that lets me do that. Note: I have already setup the Simplified Chinese keyboard, but that only allows me to type Chinese CHARACTERS, not Pinyin. How do I type Pinyin?

AndrewWaybright, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Pinyin tones keyboard in windows

1. Pinyin tones keyboard in windows - Similar Threads - Pinyin tones keyboard

2. PinYin Keyboard for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PinYin Keyboard for Windows 11: I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks Ex: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo . I know there is a way in to do it on Windows 10 using the Japanese language pack and switching the keyboard to pinyin tones. However, that process doesn't seem to work in the new update of windows seeing that...
  3. PinYin Keyboard for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PinYin Keyboard for Windows 11: I wanted to type pinyin with tone marks Ex: ni3hao3 --> nîhâo . I know there is a way in to do it on Windows 10 using the Japanese language pack and switching the keyboard to pinyin tones. However, that process doesn't seem to work in the new update of windows seeing that...
  4. Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior: I am not sure is this a hardware issue or a software issue. But it sometimes really made me frustrated. I can't even type a single word properly sometimes due to the "auto-submit" behavior....
  5. Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior: I am not sure is this a hardware issue or a software issue. But it sometimes really made me frustrated. I can't even type a single word properly sometimes due to the "auto-submit" behavior....
  6. Chinese keyboard and pinyin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese keyboard and pinyin: Hi, I'm learning chinese so I need to write in it often. But recently I've had a problem: when I write in pinyin I can't see options of hanzi to choose one, I just write pinyin and when I type a space a hanzi appears, sometimes it is the correct but not always. what can I do...
  7. Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input not available only MS Pinyin

Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input not available only MS Pinyin: With in the last week, it seems I have lost the Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input method for simplified Chinese. All that is available is the MS Pinyin keyboard input method shocker. The problem is that the MS Pinyin only gives 7 options for any inputted homophone for example...
  8. Typing Pinyin Tone Marks

Typing Pinyin Tone Marks: I'm trying to type Pinyin tone marks on my computer, but I can't find an option in Windows that lets me do that. Note: I have already setup the Simplified Chinese keyboard, but that only allows me to type Chinese CHARACTERS, not Pinyin. How do I type Pinyin?...
  9. Troubles setting up Pinyin keyboard with tones

Troubles setting up Pinyin keyboard with tones: I've seen some articles in the web they were able to set up the mandarin pinyin keyboard with tones on windows 10. The thing is, it seems that windows has changed this way of getting the pinyin tones with a different keyboard, I don't really know. When I try to select a...
  10. Pinyin Tones keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinyin Tones keyboard: I want to be able to type Pinyin with the tones (*not* Pinyin to find Chinese characters). There is supposedly a Pinyin Tones keyboard, that, oddly enough, you can access through the Japanese keyboard. You are supposed to click on "add a keyboard", and the Pinyin Tones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinyin tones keyboard