Windows 10: PIV Smart Card Reader

Discus and support PIV Smart Card Reader in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jasieltego, Aug 6, 2020.

1. PIV Smart Card Reader

Hi All,

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004.
    I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session.

I have gone into remote desktop connection and check smart cards, also ports and it doesn't work.
    I need the PIV reader to show up, so I can insert the PIV card and gain access to a resource on another network.
    I can do it, if I go to the remote PC Physically but that is not in the plans to go there everyday.

Any ideas?
    Most articles I read I have not found anything relevant.

I found this, do you all think this would work
    Share USB smart card reader over Ethernet

or do you think this is not possible , and a security issue , therefore Microsoft does not allow it.

:)

jasieltego, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Smart Card Reader / Gettign a Card

Hi,

Smart card reader can be used for identification, authentication, and data storage. We suggest contacting the device manufacturer for further assistance on how to use the smart card reader.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 6, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 Compatible Smart Card Reader

I've been using an SCR3500 USB smart card reader for military websites for years with Windows 7. I've since found that this particular reader has been deprecated and will not work with my new Windows 10 machine.

Is there anyone out there using a smart card reader with Windows 10? If so, what make and model reader are you using? And yes, I've been to militarycac.com before someone suggests it. The site is offers a lot of suggestions but none of which are fixing
    my problem. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.

anthonycrivera, Aug 6, 2020
  4. PIV Smart Card Reader

Only Allow User to Login via PIV card

I am working with Endpoint Manager and Intune. I need to restrict some users to only be able to login by using a registered PIV card. I have the cards setup and I have already tested them by signing in. My final step that I cannot figure out is how to remove
    the password option from the Windows 10 login screen and have the only option that is available be a PIV card.

I don't want to disable login authentication. I just need to remove the password option and have the only option to login be a PIV card. Can you please tell me how I can disable the password option?

JarrodJarrod, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

PIV Smart Card Reader

1. PIV Smart Card Reader - Similar Threads - PIV Smart Card

2. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  3. Realtek usb smart card reader drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek usb smart card reader drive: drive for realtek usb smart card reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-usb-smart-card-reader-drive/de6d84c3-2463-4aa5-99ff-23803e79bec1
  4. Support for PIV Secure Messaging / VCI in the Windows Inbox Smart Card Minidriver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Support for PIV Secure Messaging / VCI in the Windows Inbox Smart Card Minidriver: There is no indication whether Secure Messaging/VCI is supported by the Inbox Minidriver. This would be great in environments where contactless login is needed.Is this on the roadmap for development? Is there a roadmap for development for the Minidriver that could be...
  5. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  6. Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office smart card reader not prompting for PIN: Hi, I use a smart card reader along with a smart card provided by my employer. It had been working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working a few days back. Now when I try to login, I do not receive a prompt to input the PIN. Thus the page with the VM launcher does not...
  7. Windows update - smart card reader problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update - smart card reader problems: Hi! After last windows 10 update my laptop do not read usb smart cards no smart cards reader. Windows 10 home 1909 10.12.2019. 18363.535 Please help me. Kind regards! Marko Marković...
  8. smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440

smart card reader is not working on lenovo t440: I use a gemalto smart card usb token, wich was used for secure signing of official documents on my laptop until the last major win10 update in august. (1903) After that the gemalto card stopped working... The problem is, that a win10 service for smartcard-s starts and...
  9. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  10. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...