Windows 10: Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid

Discus and support Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've just started having a problem when waking my screen from sleep or hibernation of it pixelating. This only happens on windows which are open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StrictlyTheSubs, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid

Hi

I've just started having a problem when waking my screen from sleep or hibernation of it pixelating. This only happens on windows which are open so if I close for example the browsers window then open a fresh one the problem will disappear.

:)

StrictlyTheSubs, Apr 12, 2020

2. How to get my laptop to wake from sleep upon lifting the lid?

How can I set my laptop to wake up from sleep when I lift the lid?

Skat0r vista, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Adrian700 Win User
    Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid

How to get my laptop to wake from sleep upon lifting the lid?

Hi,

There are laptops that will wake up only when you press a button or you move the mouse. The feature that will wake up the laptop from sleep when opening the lid is only specific to some laptops. You can find out if your laptop has this feature by following
    these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand System devices, and then right-click ACPI Lid.
    • Choose Properties.

If you can see the Power Management tab in the Properties window of ACPI Lid, you will have the option to wake the computer when opening the lid. You just need to access the Power Management tab and enable it. If you do not see the Power
    Management tab, your computer will only wake up when moving the mouse or by pressing any keys.

There some laptops that may have this option in the BIOS menu. If you want to check if this option is available in the BIOS of your device, we recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the computer. To know how to contact them, access
    this article and click on
    How to find out an OEM’s contact information.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid

1. Pixalated screen after waking up from sleep or lifting monitor lid - Similar Threads - Pixalated screen waking

2. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  3. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after waking up from sleep: Hi,Recently I get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleep. The bluescreen says "CRITICAL" something, but when I look into reliability reports there is no report of the BSOD. Any other ideas?Thanks and Regards,...
  4. Blue screen after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  6. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Hello, hope you can help me when my Asus laptop lid is closed using an outside keyboard and screenand I put it to sleep. when I wish it to wake up, I must open the lid to do so.is there a way to wake it up without open the lid?when it sleeps it does not respond to the outside...
  7. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  8. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Since the Windows 10 May 2019 update, the laptop cannot wake up when the lid is opened. The power button lights up and fans start up but the screen stays black and the computer doesn't respond to any button (not even the power button which would normally put it to sleep), or...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead Screen AFTER waking up from sleep: Hi there, Recently I reinstalled windows 10 due to failure of reset/refresh as there is Windows B.T couldn't be deleted, and I tried to remove using disk cleanup, turned out that it doesn't work. Then I tried to use "take ownership" registry to delete the folder. (It...