Windows 10: Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet

Discus and support Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I own a Wi-Fi repeater to which other smartphones and my wife's MacBook can connect to and have internet access. But on my Pixel 2, while I can connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Badelhas, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Badelhas Win User

Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet

I own a Wi-Fi repeater to which other smartphones and my wife's MacBook can connect to and have internet access. But on my Pixel 2, while I can connect to repeater wifi network I get the warning "connected, no internet access".

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks In advance.

:)

Badelhas, Jul 7, 2018
  2. bencrutz Win User

Setting up a wifi repeater woes - all advice appreciated!

1. you won't know. devices will choose the strongest signal automatically

2. if you are covering mobile devices (gadgets, laptops - moving location) it would be better of to use the same channel & SSID.

3. nope, AFAIK, that's not how it works.

4. i suggest u use the same channel & SSID. it won't make the connection any worse.

5. nope.

6. easy. your router connects to internet. if you get an internet connection from upstair, it means your repeater/extender is working properly

7. IDK, i believe i'm far far away from your location, so i can't tell

8. not likely.

bencrutz, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Leveller Win User
    Setting up a wifi repeater woes - all advice appreciated!

First off, setting up a wifi repeater is one of the most ridiculously painful experiences I have ever had with tech hardware.

The needs:

... to be able to repeat the wifi output of my Netgear DG834N v1 ADSL/router to the upper floor of my house through the Edimax wireless 300M Range Extender (EW-7416APn v2). To enable my iPad2, 3DS, laptop and anything else that roams to maintain connection and not suffer dropouts.

The questions:

1. How do I know that the roaming devices are using the repeated signal from the Edimax extender and not just grasping on to the weak signal from the DG834N downstairs?

2. Some advice on the net suggest the router and the extender share the same SSID, which seems logical. However some suggest that the router and extender need to be on different SSIDs - but if this were the case surely the devices would only connect to the same SSID and ignore the other SSID?

3. If they use different SSIDs will the devices automatically pick the strongest signal and switch to whichever SSID that is?

4. Some advice suggests using the same channel number for both router and extender, which seems logical. Some advice suggests using different channel numbers for the router and extender - if using the same channel number, does this create too much data and make the connection worse?

5. If using different channel numbers, will the roaming devices automatically choose the right channel number based on connection strength?

6. While using the program WirelessMon I can see both the router and extender and their respective signal strengths, channel numbers and SSIDs - but there is no way of telling if the repeater is in fact repeating the routers signal - is there any software that will show that?

7. Is there any one trusted source for setting up a wifi repeater?

8. Will my hair grow back?

Leveller, Jul 7, 2018
  4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Pixel 2 smartphone can't connect to the wifi repeater internet - Similar Threads - Pixel smartphone can't

2. Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet: Hello my laptop suddenly lost wifi, like I can't see it from anywhere. It doesn't appear in settings, taskbar, Network Connection, and device manager. It is working recently and I tried fixing it in different ways. This didn't happen before I updated to windows 11. Can...
  3. Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Wifi and can't connect to the internet: Hello my laptop suddenly lost wifi, like I can't see it from anywhere. It doesn't appear in settings, taskbar, Network Connection, and device manager. It is working recently and I tried fixing it in different ways. This didn't happen before I updated to windows 11. Can...
  4. connecting smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  5. connecting smartphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  6. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect Android smartphone to PC: Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the...
  7. Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi: I recently switched ISPs (from Xfinity to Fios Verizon). After the technician came over, all my devices connected perfectly except my gaming pc. This pc is custom-built, current specs: Microsoft Win10 Pro 64 bit Motherboard: AS Rock H110M-DGS R3.0 8GB RAM GTX 980ti 6gb I5...
  8. connecting WIFI repeater

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting WIFI repeater: Does any know how to connect a WIFI repeater? They are suppose to extend your WIFI range in your home. I keep getting the message that there is conflicting IP addresses. They both have the same address. How does one change the IP address on the repeater?...
  9. wifi repeater connection problem

wifi repeater connection problem: ok let me start off with this problem i installed a wavlink repeater in my house every computer in the house sees it and can connect to it but one laptop does not connect it sees it and i enter the password for it and it trys to connect but then says wont connect can some one...
  10. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the phone cant connect to the repeater

2. is there a smartphone that cant connect to the internet