Windows 10: Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10

Discus and support Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I'm trying to transfer files from my Pixel 3A XL to my Windows 10 Laptop but I don't see the device in File Explorer. I have been trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samantha_84, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10

Hello. I'm trying to transfer files from my Pixel 3A XL to my Windows 10 Laptop but I don't see the device in File Explorer. I have been trying to resolve this for days and getting different outcomes each time. I'm beyond frustrated and hoping someone can help.

- I am using the original USB-C cable it came with and the laptop makes the beeping sound when a device has just been connected but it repeats the sound over and over again even for hours while I was trying to solve the issue. I have tried 2 different cables the other also being an original for a Pixel and a USB-C cable...and everytime the laptop dings repeatedly as if confirming the connection over and over again, so i'm inclined to think it's not the cable.

- I have selected the option to "Transfer Files" on my phone so it connects as storage but is still not visible in Control Panel-->Devices & Printers. I noticed it showing up twice in the numerous times I have tried. The first time, it popped up under unknown devices?, the second time, correctly as Pixel 3A XL. Both times, it disappeared after about 5 seconds into my victory dance.
    - Sometimes the device shows up under Device Manager --> Portable Devices. Sometimes as an MTP device and sometimes as the 'Pixel 3A XL'. I have tried updating & re-installing the MTP driver from here as well both automatically and manually, and it says the drivers have been updated but it still doesn't show up in File Explorer.
    - Portable Devices option under Device Manger is not consistently visible under Device Manager. I've had to add it in twice before but . This time, it took at least 15 minutes after that to to re-appear, and when it did, it now shows MTP it's not longer showing the Pixel.
    - When I tried to enable USB debugging on my Phone, the device disappeared from Device Manager Portable Devices also disappeared once. It could totally be a coincidence based on how this seems to happen at random from what I can tell.

- I checked the windows 10 version and it appears to me that the Media Feature Pack is already installed.

- Today, for the first time after days of trying different things, Windows popped up a message acknowledging the Pixel was connectd and gave me options to download files/transfer pics to Onedrive etc. I selected the option to open device in File Explorer Big mistake! but then it indicated it could no longer find the device or that it was disconnected. This has made things worse, because now, if the device is connected, I get a pop up from Explorer every 2 seconds, making it impossible to actually use the laptop to do anything including trying to fix the issue!.

I'm not technical and cannot figure out other options to fix this. Please help as I'm out of storage and need to get things off my phone As a secondary back-up asap!!

thanks!

:)

Samantha_84, Jun 30, 2020

2. my pixel 3a will not link to windows 10

my pixel 3a phone will not link to windows 10 pc

JohnFitzpatrick1, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Pixel 3a and Microsoft Phone app

Synching Android, Pixel 3a with my desktop PC. Thanks

RichardStimler, Jun 30, 2020
  4. NancyYuen Win User

Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10

How do I tell Windows that I've upgraded my Pixel 3a to a Pixel 4?

I've recently purchased a Google Pixel 4 to replace my Google Pixel 3a, but now, when I try to log into my Microsoft account, it keeps asking me to log in using my Pixel 3a. How do I tell Microsoft that I'm using my Google Pixel 4 now?

NancyYuen, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10

1. Pixel 3A Not showing up on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pixel showing

2. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  3. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  4. GT 430 showing pixels- Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GT 430 showing pixels- Windows 10 21H2: Hi. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro on my PC and graphics card showed pixels.Clicking "Refresh/Odśwież" don't work, Re-installing too. Antivirus is Avast, every drivers are installed. Now i'm using Windows 7 always better than sh*t named 10 and no errors....
  5. GT 430 showing pixels- Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GT 430 showing pixels- Windows 10 21H2: Hi. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro on my PC and graphics card showed pixels.Clicking "Refresh/Odśwież" don't work, Re-installing too. Antivirus is Avast, every drivers are installed. Now i'm using Windows 7 always better than sh*t named 10 and no errors....
  6. GT 430 showing pixels- Windows 10 21H2

7. there is a 2-3 pixel line which shows up above the taskbar after fullscreening Spotify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is a 2-3 pixel line which shows up above the taskbar after fullscreening Spotify: i am currently on this version Windows 11Is this a win 11 problem or a spotify problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-2-3-pixel-line-which-shows-up-above-the/9f624476-e6b7-4bae-83cb-d3a76f64b41b
  8. there is a 2-3 pixel line which shows up above the taskbar after fullscreening Spotify

there is a 2-3 pixel line which shows up above the taskbar after fullscreening Spotify: i am currently on this version Windows 11Is this a win 11 problem or a spotify problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-2-3-pixel-line-which-shows-up-above-the/9f624476-e6b7-4bae-83cb-d3a76f64b41b
  9. Hidden taskbar still shows 2 pixel border

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden taskbar still shows 2 pixel border: Hiding the taskbar in the settings still leaves a 2 pixel border. The taskbar goes down, but not 100%. This is annoying... I've tried some 3rd party tools to fix this, but none are ideal. There should be a way to allow the user to actually use the full screen... How?...
  10. My screen suddenly shows rectangular set of pixels, the SSD/HDD lights are off, and I can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen suddenly shows rectangular set of pixels, the SSD/HDD lights are off, and I can't...: I don't know what is happening. It suddenly turns like that. Is that a processor problem? I noticed that the light indicator for my HDD/SDD is off whenever it happens. Can't use a keyboard, can't move the cursor. It can't be fixed if I will not force shutdown it by holding...