Windows 10: Pixel border around active window

Discus and support Pixel border around active window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayStar, Jun 20, 2015.

1. JayStar Win User

Pixel border around active window

Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX.

So far only two issues found on 10130:

Orange active window border:
    I have this horrble orange colour around the active window.
    I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to change the active window border.. any ideas on how to get rid of it. It is really obvious on Firefox for instance with a thicker part at the top tabs section and thinner elsewhere.

TaskBar locking:

Occassionally the taskbar will lock and not autohide - even though there are no alerts. Need to sleep/retart to get the autohide to work again... anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

John

:)

JayStar, Jun 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 refuses to apply Accent Color to Active Window Title Bar

In the early days of Windows 10, Accent Color was applied to a 1-pixel border around the Active Window. This was subtle to the point of uselessness. Thankfully, this has changed in newer builds of Windows 10. Now, all up-to-date Windows 10 machines show
    a fully-colored Title Bar on the Active Window. There is at least one exception, however: No matter what I do, I have one Windows machine that insists on maintaining the useless subtlety of the old 1-pixel border. Regardless of the Active Window, all of
    my title bars are always pure white.

My accent color is set.

"Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" is enabled.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\ColorPrevalence is set to 1.

How can I force Windows 10 to behave normally, so I can know my Active Window with an effortless glance?

scotthoff01, Jun 20, 2015
  3. I would upgrade to Windows 10 if...

I hope Microsoft will add this feature. It would make the ui more consistent and it is the only feature I still miss.

If they add it anytime, they should make a lightly transparent and more bright 1-pixel-border around the active transparent title bars, and the standard lightly transparent grey 1-pixel-borders around inactive windows (the inactive windows should be darker
    too). I have a mod that brings aero glass title bars to Windows 10 and I set it like that. It looks very good!

Regards,

Pixel border around active window [​IMG]

Pixel border around active window [​IMG]

99Bastiboy99, Jun 20, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

I'm not sure about the border issue but here is a post with maybe a fix for your taskbar issue. https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...auto-hide.html

I had intermittent hiding when set on auto hide, sometimes it wouldn't hide, most times it seems to work. I haven't had any problems for the last day or so, it is still a TP so some things might be erratic.

CmmTch, Jun 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Pixel border around active window - Similar Threads - Pixel border around

2. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  3. Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to remove the 1-pixel border around windows that the "Show accent color on...: Hello. the title pretty much says it all. I've tried to search for answers but its all just people talking about turning off the setting, which just makes the border a different color. There is chance that if I do disable the border, I might be unable to resize windows, and...
  4. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelated boarders around all active windows.: Hello,Intermittent problem I'm having with my active windows. A strange pixeled boarder appears around the boarders of my window. What could cause this and how to fix?...
  5. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated boarders around all active windows.: Hello,Intermittent problem I'm having with my active windows. A strange pixeled boarder appears around the boarders of my window. What could cause this and how to fix?...
  6. Pixelated boarders around all active windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  8. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  9. How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 1-pixel border around active window: [img] 60192
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499