Windows 10: Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor

Discus and support Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got new monitor VP2468 FHD connected to my laptop gl702VM. Now all the image on the web looking this way.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexBen2, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AlexBen2 Win User

Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor

Hello,

I've got new monitor VP2468 FHD connected to my laptop gl702VM. Now all the image on the web looking this way.

https://postimg.cc/image/bkabs3ror/

Could you tell me what is wrong please?

:)

AlexBen2, Aug 21, 2018

2. External monitor is blurry

Hi,

The blurry display when using an external display may indicate a scaling issue. If the display of the internal monitor is not compatible with the external monitor, it may render a poor or fuzzy display. As an initial step, we suggest that you try the methods
    under the Workaround section provided on this
    support article

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 21, 2018
  3. PedrAline Win User
    External monitor is blurry

Running Windows10 on Dell Inspiron13 5000 Series Intel Core i5 connected via HDMI to Acer KG271B Full HD 27" LED as external monitor. This monitor is blurry. Tried altering the settings on the monitor and also tried the display settings which are both set
    to each individually recommended setting for the laptop monitor and for the external monitor.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

PedrAline, Aug 21, 2018
  4. MartinSPT Win User

Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

None of the things you mention are or should be blurry.

When changing the scaling to 125%, some things will be a bit blurry, like the fonts in Explorer until you sign out and back in, which is why it says, "Some Apps won't respond to scaling changes until you sign out."

See my post above, and make sure you haven't forced on 'Morphological Anti-Aliasing' - and that your video card hasn't selected the wrong 'Pixel Format' as these things will cause random things to appear blurry.

Also check some of the common errors, make sure your 'Resolution' is set to the native resolution of your monitor.

To address items in your list specifically...

"spinning wheel for the mouse" = The mouse 'cursor' renders at your screen's resolution pixel by pixel, and should NEVER be blurry. Even on Windows NT 3.1 in 1992 or Windows XP in 2002, the Hourglass and the now Spinning Wheel have always rendered pixel by
    pixel. This hasn't changed with Windows 10, and when using a higher scaling setting, the system increases the 'size' choice of all mouse 'cursors' so they still render pixel by pixel at your monitor's resolution.

(They are NEVER 'resampled' in size, meaning it is impossible for them to appear blurry unless there is an issue with your monitor or video card using the correct resolution. The ONLY exception to this rule is if your video card is sending a lower resolution
    to your monitor. This can happen if you launch a Full Screen game that is telling the video card to use a lower resolution. Example would be your game is using 1024x768 and thus when it displays on your 1080p monitor, everything is resized to fit the lower
    resolution of 1024x768, making everything in the game 'blurry', including the mouse 'cursor'.)

"Images (website logo) on the web" These being blurry is dependent on the resolution the WebSite uses. If the Website only supplies an image that is 100 pixels wide, and your browser is displaying the Logo at 125 pixel wide, it will be slightly blurry. Let
    the WebSite designer know they need to use a higher resolution image, so your browser can properly render this. (Microsoft Edge and IE will properly use the higher resolution of the supplied image so it remains crisp, other browsers like Firefox or Chrome
    may not.)

"F12 dev tools" - They render crisp. After seeing your post I even tested them on a couple of systems I have here, one where I'm using 175% scaling and one that is using 125% scaling. They are perfectly crisp and properly scaled, they should not be blurry.

With Windows 10, there are very 'few' things that are not rendered at the native higher resolution on Windows. Microsoft has posted some blogs on this over the past year, as there are several layers of scaling technologies at work inside Windows 10.

If you still have problems, and live close to a Microsoft Store, take your system there. They will help you with this issue, as they provide assistance with Windows problems at no cost. (Just like Apple's Genius Bar does, except for free.)

MartinSPT, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor - Similar Threads - Pixelated blurry images

2. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  3. Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text on external Monitor is blurry, distorted: Hi guys : I have a problem with my external Monitor asus vg24vqe that is connected to my laptop Asus 5 Nitro with HDMI 2.0 cable.On my main screen/laptop everything is perfect , sharp text and amazing quality. But on the external monitor text looks very weird , blurry ,...
  4. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen on external monitor: Hello when I try to use 1080p on my second monitor I get a message saying this is not the optimal resolution... u can read the message in screenshot, And the screen the external one because I am using a laptop becomes kinda blurry u can see in the screenshot. I thaught the...
  5. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry screen on external monitor: Hello when I try to use 1080p on my second monitor I get a message saying this is not the optimal resolution... u can read the message in screenshot, And the screen the external one because I am using a laptop becomes kinda blurry u can see in the screenshot. I thaught the...
  6. Blurry screen on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Ficklering pixels on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ficklering pixels on external monitor: When I connect my new laptop to my external monitor using its original HDMI cable, the monitor shows flickering pixels on its screen. It is very noticeable when the background is dark. Can anyone please help? It would be highly appreciated ^^ I have watched many youtube...
  8. External monitor screen looks blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor screen looks blurry: My external screen with resolution 1920x1080 is working worse than my laptop screen. It is set to the highest level but the screen looks blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-screen-looks-blurry/6865c267-fc4a-4db6-8e62-b1003a3ba6d7
  9. Pixelated/Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Pixelated/Blurry Text: I was using windows when I got BSOD and restarted the PC. Now the all the system fonts are pixelated. Even in Chrome the menu text is pixelated. The only fonts that are normal are the fonts in windows settings. [img] [img] 118232
  10. External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry: I have a dell inspirion running windows 10. I bought a brand new HP VH240a that works flawlessly with my old dell but when connected to my new Dell, outlook and chrome and other apps are blurry. I have to manually set the resolution to 125% and then log out and log back in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 external monitor pixelation

2. external monitor blurry

3. why is display settings 125% blurry images website

4. laptop connected to monitor email pixelated,
  5. pixelated image on second monitor