Windows 10: Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)...

Discus and support Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i was hoping someone can help me with this problem i've been having. It's driving me crazy. On my Surface Laptop 3 that has an Intel i5 & Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babygorilla90, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)...

So i was hoping someone can help me with this problem i've been having. It's driving me crazy.

On my Surface Laptop 3 that has an Intel i5 & Intel Iris Plus graphics i keep getting these choppy/pixelated spots on dark video and images. Apparently it is called compression.

The strange part is i had the exact same thing on my Surface laptop with AMD graphics as well. These are the only 2 units i have seen this issue on. My Macbook, ASUS Zenbook, tablets, phones and TV all don't have this issue. It doesn't matter how high quality the video or image is. Brightness is not the issue either. My graphics driver is up to date.

Can anyone please help me understand why this is happening to only my Surface laptops when one has Intel graphics and one has AMD.

Thank you !!

submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babygorilla90, Apr 25, 2020
  2. cpmusic Win User

Choppy video, all sources, 2 different PCs (long post)

The video problem persists. My ISP sent a new modem, but it made no difference on streaming video, so the problem must be somewhere in the computer. I just can't figure where. This is driving me crazy, because I can't watch any video on either computer because the choppy playback is too distracting.

I thought for a moment that the problem may be with the SATA driver or controller, as my Device Manager shows only the following, and if I'm not mistaken I'm supposed to see channels listed as well.

Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)... [​IMG]

But I just checked a video I recorded on my standalone recorder on a USB 3.0 flash drive, and it's choppy, too.

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions?

cpmusic, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft launches Surface Computing

The launch of Microsoft Surface marks the beginning of a new technology category and a user-interface revolution. Surface, Microsoft’s first surface computer, provides effortless interaction with digital content through natural hand gestures, touch and physical objects. Surface computing breaks down traditional barriers between people and technology, changing the way people interact with all kinds of everyday information — from photos to maps to menus.

Key features demonstrated in the videos included:
    • Multi-touch ability.
    • Recognition and syncing of wireless devices by placing on touch panel
    • Ability to identify non-digital devices, such as a drink glass, based on shape.
    • Hand gesture system to further interact with the touch panel.
    • New, non-windows based interface.
    The videos really speak for themselves. According to the website, Surface technology will be
    available in Winter 2007.

Source: Microsoft Surface

wazzledoozle, Apr 25, 2020
  4. beav1013 Win User

Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)...

Background image becomes pixelated

Hello. My desktop background recently became pixelated when I changed the picture. Opening the file in multiple image viewers programs doesn't show any pixelation of these images. Yet when I make it my background it becomes pixelated in every mode except
    Tile and Center. It's zoomed in 1:1 on those so there's no compression? I can't figure out why this is happening and it's really driving me nuts.

Any help would be appreciated. I already tried setting it as my background from multiple programs. And I saw something online that had me create a file in my regedit to alter the JPEG compression from 85 to 100. That appeared to do nothing.

Thanks.

beav1013, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)...

1. Pixelated/choppy compression on dark videos/images. Only on one brand (Microsoft Surface)... - Similar Threads - Pixelated choppy compression

2. Pixelated videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated videos: Hi, Så every video i play on my pc is bad quality No matter if its 1080p or even 4k. I have tried downloadning videos, and exporting from a editing software No matter What its still bad quality and pixelated. How can i fix this?When i play games it seems fineI have also tried...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Choppy Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter: Choppy Video: Hello I have just bought the Microsoft Display Adapter V2 and having some issues with the video lagging or being choppy. There are also clear lip sync issues: I am using Surface book 3 and have a 2 Samsung monitors connected. One is connected directly vis Surface Dock and...
  4. Images and videos are slow and choppy everywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Images and videos are slow and choppy everywhere: For a long time I've noticed that if I try to open a simple .jpg image it takes an unbelievable time to load. Like 30-40 seconds of black screen before the image finally appears. I don't look at that many images so I've ignored it. Now another media related issue is...
  5. Pixelated images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pixelated images: Hi Microsoft for some reason my images are pixalted. My graphics are all updated and Ive tried the paint method but none of those helped please get in touch with me asap example.[ATTACH] please tell me how to fix this....
  6. Pixelated video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pixelated video: Hello, Since Monday, after a crash from my laptop, all the videos I wish to watch on the internet appear to have a lot of noise which makes impossible to view it correctly. I have tried many ways to solve this issue. I updated my GPU, my CPU but the issue still remains....
  7. Pixelated/choppy (Compression ?) on darks in images and videos. Comes and goes. (Read in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pixelated/choppy (Compression ?) on darks in images and videos. Comes and goes. (Read in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6j1pl/pixelatedchoppy_compression_on_darks_in_images/
  8. Choppy pixelated darks coming and going. This is on my wallpaper but it also happens in...

Choppy pixelated darks coming and going. This is on my wallpaper but it also happens in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g50k3i/choppy_pixelated_darks_coming_and_going_this_is/
  9. Any idea how to fix these choppy pixelated areas in videos. Happens in all dark scenes....

Any idea how to fix these choppy pixelated areas in videos. Happens in all dark scenes....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftawij/any_idea_how_to_fix_these_choppy_pixelated_areas/
  10. Choppy pixelated black colors on videos. This happens on Youtube, movies, downloaded video,...

Choppy pixelated black colors on videos. This happens on Youtube, movies, downloaded video,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqm9v5/choppy_pixelated_black_colors_on_videos_this/