Windows 10: Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers

Discus and support Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using 2 monitors and after updating my graphics drivers my ED322Q monitor with Hardware ID MONITOR\ACR053E, is blurry and pixelated. I found this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CAKE1123, Jun 8, 2019.

1. CAKE1123 Win User

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers

I'm using 2 monitors and after updating my graphics drivers my ED322Q monitor with Hardware ID MONITOR\ACR053E, is blurry and pixelated. I found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pixelation-on-one-screen-of-a-multi-monitor-setup/c7c9aeec-0eef-41a0-86ca-8a9f7e334da2 and it was kinda close. Exact same monitor and no apparent drivers to download from the manufacturers website. Is not pixelated when I downgrade graphics drivers.

:)

CAKE1123, Jun 8, 2019

2. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers [​IMG]

After:

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers [​IMG]

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after windows 10 update version 1709

Hi James,

Although you have already verified that all drivers are up-to-date, there is still a possibility that the issue is due to incompatibility. At this point in time, we we suggest that you run the monitor drivers in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps
    found in this forum article by Andre Da Costa on how to do so. Scroll
    through the article and you will find the steps under the Using Compatibility Mode to Resolve Driver problems
    section.

In addition, it will help if you can take note of the monitor driver's hardware ID in the Windows 10 version where it works. Here's how to locate the hardware ID:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Monitors, right-click on your monitor driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Go to the Details tab.
    • Click the drop-down menu, and then select Hardware Ids.
    • Copy the Value.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers

1. Pixelation on one screen of a multi-monitor setup after updating graphics drivers - Similar Threads - Pixelation screen multi

2. Multi monitor setup mouse problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi monitor setup mouse problem: Hi !I have setup of 4 monitors connected to 1 PC with Windows 11.Setup is 2x2 2 monitors top row and 2 monitors botom row.Problem is that when I move my mouse pointer from right bottom monitor to top right monitor it show up on left top monitor ... and i do not have a clue...
  3. Multi monitor setup mouse problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi monitor setup mouse problem: Hi !I have setup of 4 monitors connected to 1 PC with Windows 11.Setup is 2x2 2 monitors top row and 2 monitors botom row.Problem is that when I move my mouse pointer from right bottom monitor to top right monitor it show up on left top monitor ... and i do not have a clue...
  4. Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11: I have multiple monitors and docking station. There are two separate systems running on the docking station controlled by a switch. One system is Window 10 Enterprise, the other is Windows 11 Home. Yes, I need to upgrade to Pro I also have an older Windows 10 Home system I...
  5. Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11

Screen Saver on multi-monitor setup for Windows 11: I have multiple monitors and docking station. There are two separate systems running on the docking station controlled by a switch. One system is Window 10 Enterprise, the other is Windows 11 Home. Yes, I need to upgrade to Pro I also have an older Windows 10 Home system I...
  6. Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update

Monitors Blinking after Intel Graphics Driver Update: My Monitors are blinking after updating the Intel Graphics Driver from Lenovo.com. Only my monitors at home are blinking, monitors at work do not. The monitors at home were plugged in when the driver was updated. They are Lenovo t224 monitors for Lenovo X1 carbon running...
  7. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  8. After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 20H2 Update one monitor not detected in multi-monitor system.: I have an 8 monitor computer running Windows 10 Pro, four monitors are on one graphics card, two monitors are on another graphics card and two monitors are on the motherboard. It's a relatively new computer, custom built for multi-monitor setup. It was working fine, then I...
  9. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  10. Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup: Hi, I have a somewhat complex question. I am trying to force Nvidia GameStream (lets call it "GS" from now on) to start on my secondary monitor. I've read on the Nvidia forum that it can't be done, and have tried to tinker with it myself. No luck so far. I will try to note...