Windows 10: place a shortcut on the taskbar

Discus and support place a shortcut on the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible? 136002 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Jul 4, 2019.

1. rboppy Win User

place a shortcut on the taskbar

I have a shortcut to "Adjust print options" on my desktop would like to place it on the taskbar, is it possible?

:)

rboppy, Jul 4, 2019

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 4, 2019
  3. JTArnott Win User
    How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. place a shortcut on the taskbar - Similar Threads - place shortcut taskbar

2. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  3. Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Placing 'Speaker Properties' On Taskbar: Hello-I want to replace the volume icon on the taskbar or System Tray? with the 'Speaker Properties' icon, as the later opens -in one click- not just the volume control, but the balance, tone and other controls. Windows 10 places only the volume Icon on the Taskbar. From...
  4. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  5. How to Place Date in Taskbar

How to Place Date in Taskbar: How do I put date back on my taskbar at bottom of screen? [Original Title: date] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-date-in-taskbar/8ee3eae5-bc2a-4082-bd50-9a5a195be215
  6. Document shortcuts all in one place

in Windows 10 Support
    Document shortcuts all in one place: hi, While I have hundreds of documents on my pc, I'm typically working with around 20 documents. These 20 docs are sensibly ordered [scattered] across different folders, some local and some in the cloud. I want a quick place to access all 20 or so documents INSTANTLY. At...
  7. Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing A Shortcut To A Web Page On Desktop ?: Hello, I have opened up a simple web page that I would like to save a Shortcut (or other Link to) so I can get to it very easily directly from my Desktop. The little icon to the left of the address seems to be a "lock", and I can't drag it anywhere. See: CubicSDR - The...
  8. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...
  9. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  10. Placing a file in the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Placing a file in the TaskBar: In W10 ... I want to place an icon in theTTask Bar that links to a particular text file; and I want that icon\link to be permanent, to stay there, even after I shut down. Would someone tell me how I do that? How do I paste the shortcut to the text file on to the Task bar?...