Windows 10: Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box

Discus and support Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win 7 so do not know if the places bar (on side of box) was present in Win 8. Having the places bar was very handy for me in Win 7. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omegatx, Oct 13, 2015.

1. omegatx Win User

Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box

I upgraded from Win 7 so do not know if the places bar (on side of box) was present in Win 8. Having the places bar was very handy for me in Win 7. I had customized the menu to list my most used folders. The Win 10 dialogue box presents you with a tree on the left side making you drill down to your folders each time. I would appreciate any work arounds, customization tips or links to articles that address this issue, including 3rd party apps.

Thanks...

:)

omegatx, Oct 13, 2015
  2. Wishful1 Win User

Image Preview and Recent Places in Windows 10

Hi,

Is there a way to restore the Recent Places functionality when using the Save As dialog box and Open dialogue box? This was a very handy feature that seems to be missing in Windows 10.

Thanks.

Wishful1, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Saving .jpg files other than with Windows Media Player

My operating system is Windows 10 and I am trying to save the file into a folder using File Explorer. When I click on the link to the file, the 'what do you want to do with (name of file)?' dialog box appears and I choose 'save as'. The file explorer dialog
    box then appears but the only option I am given in the 'save as type:' drop down menu is Windows Media Player. Once I have saved the file, I then can 'open with' another application, such as Photos, but it's annoying that I can only save the file with Windows
    Media Player in the first place.

WillAllanXK, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box

1. Places bar missing in Windows 10 file open/save dialog box - Similar Threads - Places bar missing

2. Search Bar in Open Dialog Box missing from EndNote application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar in Open Dialog Box missing from EndNote application: Since this week, the Search Box/Bar on the far right top of the Open Dialog box in my Endnote application has gone missing. I have checked with the Endnote application team and they to are not able to see it working with Windows 10. It is essential as it is need to search...
  3. Search Bar in Open Dialog Box gone missing.

Search Bar in Open Dialog Box gone missing.: Since this week, the Search Box/Bar on the far right top of the Open Dialog box in my Endnote application has gone missing. I have checked with the Endnote application team and they to are not able to see it working with Windows 10. It is essential as it is need to search...
  4. Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files: I have a lot of files stored on a flash drive in briefcases. However, the open/save as dialogs do not display all available folders. Why is that? What can I do to correct this major headache?...
  5. how to disable common open file dialog box in windows 10?

how to disable common open file dialog box in windows 10?: How do i disable file dialog box when i cleck Open, or Save as from any applications in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-common-open-file-dialog-box-in/5a99bb2f-8e30-4468-b7e6-e712e3febdd8"
  6. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  7. Dialog Box Save/Open

Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  8. Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box

Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  9. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...
  10. Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog: I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access area. This is OK. But why this folder disappears from Quick Access aren in open / save dialogs in all applications? This...