Windows 10: Plagued by BSODs - sometimes stuck on BSOD at 0% or random restarts

Discus and support Plagued by BSODs - sometimes stuck on BSOD at 0% or random restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, So maybe last year December or November, I had a PC custom built for me so I could pursue music production and game a little as well. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tinylime, Jun 23, 2019.

1. tinylime Win User

Plagued by BSODs - sometimes stuck on BSOD at 0% or random restarts

Hi all,

So maybe last year December or November, I had a PC custom built for me so I could pursue music production and game a little as well. It's nothing extreme or high-end, pretty middle of the road and decent enough for my needs. Here's my problem: ever since I've gotten that PC, I've been plagued with BSODs. Three main ones have been reoccuring -

• WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    • UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

But there are also others such as

• KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After one or two months of this I sent my computer in to see what the trouble was, and it so happened that Windows was massively corrupted. So after a clean reinstall, I was given back the computer and told that everything was now fine. It wasn't. I'm still hounded relentlessly by the BSODs and I'm at the end of my rope. In addition to this, sometimes the computer will restart with no warning and no dump file, or go to the BSOD and stay at 0% for hours (leaving me to manually reboot the PC). About 15 minutes before posting this thread, I got another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR again.

Here are my specs. I'm also including a link to a filesharing website where I've uploaded a zip file of the 2 most recent minidumps I was able to save and a text file that I recorded many of my crashes in. Hope that helps. I should also mention - the main drivers I'm getting errors from are:

• hal.dll
    • ntoskrn
    l

- SPECS -

• OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    • Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    • OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    • System Name: DESKTOP-FDI9OJ7
    • System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • System Model: H310M H
    • System Type: x64-based PC
    • System SKU: Default string
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    • BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F12, 14-Mar-19
    • SMBIOS Version: 2.8
    • Embedded Controller Version: 255.255
    • BIOS Mode: Legacy
    • BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • BaseBoard Product H310M H
    • BaseBoard Version x.x
    • Disk drives: WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0 + WDC WDS120G2G0A-00JH30
    • Display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050-Ti

- LINK -

WeTransfer

As an example, here are three analysis messages I received from WhoCrashed:

On Sun 16-Jun-19 7:47:28 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061619-8218-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B3EF0)

Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFF8A80AB092150, 0xFFFFAB0AB3649000, 0xFFFFF8023A3D9800)

Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

__

On Sun 16-Jun-19 8:23:28 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061619-7968-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFDD8095E889F0, 0xFF, 0xAF, 0xFFFFF8043026723C)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug. This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

__

On Sun 16-Jun-19 9:52:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061619-8109-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFC5816DA0B150, 0xFFFF82853B049020, 0xFFFFF804477DA800)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

tinylime, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Binge Win User

Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Random Restarts, No BSOD

Reboot and hit F8 to get into the Windows Diagnostic Settings before Windows boots. Turn off "Automatic Restart on System Failure." This way we can completely rule out BSODs. Sometimes a PC will BSOD but the PC will restart so quickly that the BSOD is not even rendered.

Random Murderer, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Plagued by BSODs - sometimes stuck on BSOD at 0% or random restarts - Similar Threads - Plagued BSODs sometimes

2. Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.: Bsod stuck at 0%. The blue screen was probably because of I was undervolting to much on my laptop, but now the force reboot button doesn't work anymore and this has stuck me for 20 minutes. The error code is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  3. Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod stuck at 0% and unable to restart.: Bsod stuck at 0%. The blue screen was probably because of I was undervolting to much on my laptop, but now the force reboot button doesn't work anymore and this has stuck me for 20 minutes. The error code is: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  4. Bsod Stuck on 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod Stuck on 0%: Hi I buy a loptop around 2 weeks ago and today I was playing Minecraft with my friend and at a moment my laptop goes to blue screen of death with MACHINE-CHECK-EXEPRION and it's stuck in 0% my laptop didn't have any button to restart Asus tuf dash f15 Win 11...
  5. Bsod Stuck on 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod Stuck on 0%: Hi I buy a loptop around 2 weeks ago and today I was playing Minecraft with my friend and at a moment my laptop goes to blue screen of death with MACHINE-CHECK-EXEPRION and it's stuck in 0% my laptop didn't have any button to restart Asus tuf dash f15 Win 11...
  6. Random BSOD sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD sometimes: Hi there, I have lately a BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crash out of nowhere . Not my first crash Already reinstalled windows but that dosnt fix my problem. I looked online for a solution and didnt find one. I have the DMP but do not understand it. DMP link:...
  7. Help please, BSOD will not restart, stuck on 0%.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please, BSOD will not restart, stuck on 0%.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xaviersimpson88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eznaw4/help_please_bsod_will_not_restart_stuck_on_0/
  8. BSOD stuck at 0%

BSOD stuck at 0%: Hi, i am currently having a problem where collecting error info on a BSOD is stuck at 0%, i also can't create dump files because of this to find what is causing it. Any help on how to fix this is appreciated!...
  9. Random BSOD + Stuck at 0%

Random BSOD + Stuck at 0%: Hello, For several months, I got random BSODs with my laptop. 2 kinds of error codes : CRITICAL PROCES DIED UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION Whenever I check the Reliability History there are several events like this one : Nom d’événement du problème*: LiveKernelEvent Code:...
  10. Plagued with BSOD

Plagued with BSOD: Hi, I new to the forum and I hope that some of u guys can enlighten me! I've been plagued with BSOD and I don't get any wiser. Unfortunately cant decipher Nirisoft Blue Screen View nor can WhoCrashedit, some of them seem to be caused from NTOSKRNL, i guess I'm not wise...