Windows 10: Plan to upgrade PC

Discus and support Plan to upgrade PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Cyrille, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Plan to upgrade PC

Hi Folks,

I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are

• E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie
    • 4GB ram
    • Asrock board

and plan to upgrade to

• A4 7300 AMD Procie
    • 8GB ram
    • Gigabyte board

I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I need to

• just remove the old stuff, put the new in and boot it up
    • or format my drive after replacing the parts

Many thanks people.

John Ong

:)

John Cyrille, Dec 5, 2019
  2. xkm1948 Win User

List your Spec and a one year update plan

As the title suggests. List out your main rig's spec and then illustrate out what you plan to upgrade within the next 12 months. I am talking REAL planned upgrades, not day dreaming of filling up your machine with 4 TitanXp and etc.

xkm1948, Dec 5, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Plan to upgrade PC

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Plan to upgrade PC

1. Plan to upgrade PC - Similar Threads - Plan upgrade

2. Planning to upgrade to 11 one 10's EOL nears closer, I have some worries.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Planning to upgrade to 11 one 10's EOL nears closer, I have some worries.: I have an 8GB laptop, and Health Checker shows I qualify for 11. Despite this, people have given me mixed results due to it being, well, a laptop.My concerns are:What are the chances my laptop gets screwed up during the upgrade?Is 8GB decent enough?How long would an upgrade...
  3. Planning to upgrade to 11 one 10's EOL nears closer, I have some worries.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Planning to upgrade to 11 one 10's EOL nears closer, I have some worries.: I have an 8GB laptop, and Health Checker shows I qualify for 11. Despite this, people have given me mixed results due to it being, well, a laptop.My concerns are:What are the chances my laptop gets screwed up during the upgrade?Is 8GB decent enough?How long would an upgrade...
  4. Planning to upgrade to 11 one 10's EOL nears closer, I have some worries.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...: I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD drive. How to proceed exactly?Win10 actually installed on Crucial 250GB SSD drive.Actual:CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB WIN10MBD: Asus PRIME H310M-A R2.0 Future:CPU: i9...
  6. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...: I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD drive. How to proceed exactly?Win10 actually installed on Crucial 250GB SSD drive.Actual:CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB WIN10MBD: Asus PRIME H310M-A R2.0 Future:CPU: i9...
  7. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

8. Last nights windows upgrade didn't go to plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last nights windows upgrade didn't go to plan: Hello.I am writing this from my new Windows 11 laptop because my old Windows 10 laptop is not working as usual.I cannot access the settings menu either using a left click or a right click on the Windows icon in the bottom left so these details come from memory.on my Windows...
  9. Last nights windows upgrade didn't go to plan

Last nights windows upgrade didn't go to plan: Hello.I am writing this from my new Windows 11 laptop because my old Windows 10 laptop is not working as usual.I cannot access the settings menu either using a left click or a right click on the Windows icon in the bottom left so these details come from memory.on my Windows...
  10. Last nights windows upgrade didn't go to plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade