Windows 10: Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ?

Discus and support Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello folks - I recently had a hard drive crash on an old laptop that I use for fooling around with Linux. Not a big deal that the HD crashed. No data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JCKayCT, Jan 25, 2021.

1. JCKayCT Win User

Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ?

Hello folks - I recently had a hard drive crash on an old laptop that I use for fooling around with Linux. Not a big deal that the HD crashed. No data loss. But it did get me thinking because we all know the old adage; "it's not a question ofif your hard drive will crash, it's when will your hard drive crash."

So my primary computer is a desktop that was originally Win7, and then upgraded for free to Win8, and then upgraded for free again to Win10. So if this PC's hard drive were to crash, and I had to reinstall Win10, what license key would I use? And where can I find this to be prepared? And where would I get a copy of Win10?

Thanks all -

:)

JCKayCT, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ?

USB HD causes Win10 crash

All I apologize if this is a duplicate. I can't find discussion of quite

the same error.

I have an Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have always backed up all the

files on my HD onto an external HD. About a week ago, Win10 would crash when

I plugged in the HD to do my backups. Thinking that the problem was my HD,

I bought a brand new one. To my surprise, it *also* crashes W10. Both

Seagate and WD HD's are crashing W10, and those exact same drives do *not*

crash my wife's computer.

When I plug in the HD (into any USB port), I get an error something like

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some

error info and then will restart for you. System Service Exception

MeDlpFt.sys" The Exception code is in very small font and I am not sure if I

replicated it exactly.

I have tried multiple USB ports, multiple HD's, multiple HD brands, and

upgrading all USB drivers. Also MS tech support had me do an in-place

replacement of Win10 files.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks!

dcDude2016, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ?

1. Planning for HD Crash - Where is my Win10 License Key ? - Similar Threads - Planning Crash Where

2. Where can I find my license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find my license key?: I just bought a Microsoft Windows 11 Home version download from the Microsoft website.I got the confirmation email about my purchase, but there's no activation key in it, nor a link where I can find it.The link in my email only brings me to my previous orders on my Microsoft...
  3. Where can I find my license key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find my license key?: I just bought a Microsoft Windows 11 Home version download from the Microsoft website.I got the confirmation email about my purchase, but there's no activation key in it, nor a link where I can find it.The link in my email only brings me to my previous orders on my Microsoft...
  4. Wheres the License or Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wheres the License or Product Key: I recently got an older computer from school that needed windows to be installed again. I found that you can turn windows into an installation media to download it onto a different computer/laptop from the Microsoft website. I did that downloaded onto the older computer, It...
  5. Wheres the License or Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wheres the License or Product Key: I recently got an older computer from school that needed windows to be installed again. I found that you can turn windows into an installation media to download it onto a different computer/laptop from the Microsoft website. I did that downloaded onto the older computer, It...
  6. Wheres the License or Product Key

7. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows load after HD crash. Need license key: I have an HP h9-1350 original owner. This was a Windows 7 or 8 operating system that was upgraded to Windows 10.My hard drive crashed yesterday and is not accessible. I made no backup or rescue disk or otherwise. I know its the drive because I borrowed an SSD drive preloaded...
  8. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

Windows load after HD crash. Need license key: I have an HP h9-1350 original owner. This was a Windows 7 or 8 operating system that was upgraded to Windows 10.My hard drive crashed yesterday and is not accessible. I made no backup or rescue disk or otherwise. I know its the drive because I borrowed an SSD drive preloaded...
  9. Windows load after HD crash. Need license key

10. Where to find Win10 product key?

Where to find Win10 product key?: Because my comp dont want to boot, I need to find a product key. I have access to CMD and Regedit only. Both common solutions from the web didn t help. Any ideas? Besr regards....