Windows 10: Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive?

Discus and support Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, as I've said above I'm planning on doing a clean install of windows 10 to wipe out all my old files and settings since things have been getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ungrave, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive?

Hello, as I've said above I'm planning on doing a clean install of windows 10 to wipe out all my old files and settings since things have been getting slow lately. I've moved all my other programs to a second hard drive (A drive) I have in my machine, and just want the C drive to be affected by this wipe. I'm unsure if the windows install tool will just wipe my C drive, or if it will also wipe my A drive so I've come here for advice. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Ungrave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ungrave, Mar 7, 2021

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Reinstall Win10 after hard disk failure

Hi Jem,

Have you tried Andre's steps provided in this thread?

If you are planning to do a clean install, we suggest that you follow the steps below first, the article is on how to create a recovery drive for reinstalling Windows 10:

Create a recovery drive for reinstalling Windows 10

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive?

Delta6326, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive?

1. Planning to clean reinstall Windows 10 - Will this affect my second hard drive? - Similar Threads - Planning clean reinstall

2. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10: Hello all, I just bought a new computer with Win11. HP Envy I think. Anyway I want to wipe clean Old Computer #1. I went online and found these instructions and want to know if your agree with it: How to wipe a hard drive - Windows 10Press the Windows key.Type “Settings” to...
  3. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  4. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  5. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and instantly realised that you require an internal network adapter or one without drivers with a cd or internet and im currently trying to...
  6. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and instantly realised that you require an internal network adapter or one without drivers with a cd or internet and im currently trying to...
  7. Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation

Clean drive, Windows 10 reinstallation: Hey, I'm having a problem after my ssd, my primary c/ drive Got completely wiped after using linux i accidentally uninstalled linux and im currently trying to re-install windows 10 and i cannot pass the screen where it says select the drive to use windows on. i have a flash...
  8. Reinstall windows with apps on second hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall windows with apps on second hard drive: Hi all, So my motherboard failed and I will be replacing it but due to the chipset change Id prefer a full reinstall. However, I have my games from the game pass installed on a second hard drive. I dont want to format this second hard drive due to the other data but I also...
  9. windows 10 on a clean hard drive

windows 10 on a clean hard drive: Failed hard drive put in new hard drive how do I get windows 10 loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-clean-hard-drive/da8258f3-7d2a-412f-8f4b-f2cc91b483e1
  10. Windows 10 cleaned up my Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 cleaned up my Hard Drive?: I just upgraded to W10 from W7 less than a week ago. So far it's been great, no problems (fingers crossed) But I have a question about the hard drive: it now has a LOT more free space than it did. The upgrade removed over 200GB from it. I have checked all my docus and...