Windows 10: Planning to Upgrade hardware

Discus and support Planning to Upgrade hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm planning to upgrade my HDD within the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure that I can install Windows. I have what I believe is the Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanCahoon, Apr 23, 2020.

1. DanCahoon Win User

Planning to Upgrade hardware

I'm planning to upgrade my HDD within the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure that I can install Windows. I have what I believe is the Windows 7 product key I found it written down but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. However, when I tried to download the Windows 7 installer, it gave me this error message: Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID 521de63e-fe5b-4bf1-bfaf-03fa925926f9.

I did then download the Windows 10 installer to USB, but I would like to make sure that I in fact do have a correct key lest I try to upgrade my PC and not be able to install Windows.

:)

DanCahoon, Apr 23, 2020
  2. xkm1948 Win User

List your Spec and a one year update plan

As the title suggests. List out your main rig's spec and then illustrate out what you plan to upgrade within the next 12 months. I am talking REAL planned upgrades, not day dreaming of filling up your machine with 4 TitanXp and etc.

xkm1948, Apr 23, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Planning to Upgrade hardware - Similar Threads - Planning Upgrade hardware

2. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  3. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  4. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hardware upgrade: i am planning to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and GPU and install m2 ssd in my sons gaming PC. will i need to acquire a new activation key for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-upgrade/bb344d63-5a11-4c8b-b3ec-5957d73fa67c
  6. Upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading hardware: I'm wanting to update my HDD to SSD and also increase ram too. I have no product key for windows anywhere and I can't afford to loose license. How to keep my windows safe and activated even after the change. It's not a pre-installed windows. It was updated to pro from home...
  7. Win10 Upgrade Plans

Win10 Upgrade Plans: I’ve been a win10 Insider from the beginning but I still use win7Pro(x64) on my 2 home Desktop puters. My win10 insider version is installed (19037.1) on an older test machine I built some years ago. Rather than upgrade to win10 over my current win7 puters, I would like to...
  8. Plan to upgrade PC

Plan to upgrade PC: Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to upgrade to A4 7300 AMD Procie 8GB ram Gigabyte board I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I...
  9. Upgrading Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading Hardware: My desktop has a Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) motherboard, with a Intel(R) Pentium(R) G3258 @ 3.20GHz processor and 8 Gigs of ram. I want to up the computing power beyond two cores. I know the socket is LGA 1150 but what I don't know is the fastest processor the board itself can...
  10. Upgrading hardware

Upgrading hardware: I'm looking at getting a new cpu soon, with it I will need a new motherboard and ram too. How would I get windows 10 on to this? I assume it will not recognise my existing license.... or will it somehow update to work perfectly fine on the new hardware (yeah it's a long...