Windows 10: Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

Discus and support Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my laptop is 7 years old and i wanna upgrade it to windows 10. I looked at the system requirements and it looks like my computer can more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MisterRheola, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

So my laptop is 7 years old and i wanna upgrade it to windows 10. I looked at the system requirements and it looks like my computer can more than handle it. Have there been any cases of computers meeting the requirements but not being compatible with windows 10?

submitted by /u/MisterRheola
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MisterRheola, Apr 22, 2020
  2. 64K
    64K Win User

Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

Since it's a laptop I would just stick with Windows 8.1 and when it's time to buy a new laptop then Windows 10. My gaming laptop that I travel with has Windows 7 and it's fine. When I buy a new laptop in a couple of years Win 10 will be nice.

3. P4-630 Win User

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, by then all laptops have Windows 10 or other new OS when I buy a new laptop.
    Everything runs fine now and I prefer not to re-install all my games and software.

P4-630, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop. ask_cartman_102_by_askcartman-d4xuz7t.gif

BarbaricSoul, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

1. Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop. - Similar Threads - Planning upgrade laptop

2. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop: I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my laptop at present using windows 8.1 in my old laptop this laptop using last 8 years some issue in my laptop battery and bios issue still possible to install windows 10, Kindly guide me. thank you...
  3. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop: I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my laptop at present using windows 8.1 in my old laptop this laptop using last 8 years some issue in my laptop battery and bios issue still possible to install windows 10, Kindly guide me. thank you...
  4. I Want to upgrade windows 10 in my old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop): Hey guys, I recently pulled out my old Razer blade 2013 (RZ09-0102) to do some gaming while I wait to build a new pc. I immediately updated all the relevant drivers as well as windows 8.1, and was pleasantly surprised to find she ran perfectly smooth. Today, I decided I’d...
  6. Upgrade old laptop to Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade old laptop to Win10: I have an older laptop (Dell L501X) that was originally Win 7 Home (the Win7 serial number is still on it) that was upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade period (or some such). That was about 4 years ago. The hard drive crashed and I am getting a new drive and want to...
  7. I am planning to format and reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and I have a couple of questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am planning to format and reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and I have a couple of questions.: Hello! I wanted to proceed with a fresh install of Windows 10 after having multiple issues with the current state of my laptop. The laptop came with a pre-installed copy of Windows 10 Home Single Language. It says that I have a digital license for the same. Anyways, I...
  8. Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Laptop to Windows 10 Pro Question: Hi, I got a new laptop and want to upgrade it to pro. One question I have is will i still be able to install Home and have it activate? I want to upgrade to Pro for Hyper-V and Remote Desktop, Might as well as Bitlocker as it is already enabled in Windows as it is....
  9. A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop: 1. When I want to 'clean' my laptop, I often go to History and 'Clear History'. Then I scroll up to Manage Search Engines and there are 5, 6 , 8 different websites I have recently visited. I am confident they exist because my computer has picked up some cookies, but they are...
  10. Sluggish laptop since a couple of days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop since a couple of days: In a matter of weeks, both my laptops have become slow. First, my Z20t that became completely unworkable and had to reinstall it. And now my X220T is experiencing similar problems. Not as bad as the Z20t (I'm sure it helps that it has an i5 instead of an m5 CPU), but I can...