Windows 10: Plantronics Audio 478 Heasets (Crackle) after Win10 Major May Patch

Discus and support Plantronics Audio 478 Heasets (Crackle) after Win10 Major May Patch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The other day I finally got around to manually loading the Win10 Major May patch and subsequent updates. Aside from having to disable Win10 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BuzWeaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BuzWeaver Win User

Plantronics Audio 478 Heasets (Crackle) after Win10 Major May Patch

The other day I finally got around to manually loading the Win10 Major May patch and subsequent updates. Aside from having to disable Win10 from over-writing my Nvidia drivers, my Plantronics 478's, that has always worked flawlessly, are now crackling/popping in my browsers (watching videos, Edge, Chrome and FF).

VLC player and other videos/music devices seem fine (it does happen with Win Movies and TV player, but on my browsers, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, when watching YouTube videos or embedded videos in general, there is an annoying crackle/popping sound. I've unplugged the headsets, removed them from the Win10 Sound listing and rebooted. I've re-connected them and did a fresh uninstall/re-install of Firefox. I've made adjustments in the Control Panel, both with Enhancements and without and the crackling/pop is still there. It's kind of semi-intermittent. I'm not having issues with Discord or while playing games. No issues when editing (play back) in Sony Vegas Pro either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This only started happening after all the updates.

:)

BuzWeaver, Oct 16, 2019

2. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Plantronics Audio 478 Heasets (Crackle) after Win10 Major May Patch - Similar Threads - Plantronics Audio 478

2. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909: So has there been a proper fix for the crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909 update ?it worked fine in 1909, then with each update situation gets worse and worse.The temporary solution to run DPC Latency Checker is pathetic, but works.Ideally a rewrite of...
  3. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909: So has there been a proper fix for the crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909 update ?it worked fine in 1909, then with each update situation gets worse and worse.The temporary solution to run DPC Latency Checker is pathetic, but works.Ideally a rewrite of...
  4. Crackling audio with RazerSurroudPro and Win10 after 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  6. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  7. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  8. audio crackling

audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  9. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  10. Audio crackling in Win10 - trying to find the cause?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio crackling in Win10 - trying to find the cause?: I've been dealing with audio crackling in Windows for the past 2 weeks or so and it's driving me up the wall, but the worst part is how seemingly random it is. I get crackling/popping on Windows default sounds and when adjusting volume sliders in browsers or starting/stopping...