Windows 10: Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

Discus and support Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nitro101, Oct 24, 2019.

1. nitro101 Win User

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound

the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected" bit to play

i am able to play my voice via mic through my analog sound card
    i have reinstalled the generic USB sound drivers they use
    i have tried setting the default device to both S/PDIF and USB sound
    i have tried pairing and unpairing the headset
    i have tried switching USB ports.
    i have turned off all enhancements and surround sound
    i have rebooted after all of these attempts

nothing, complete silence at any volume setting.

windows forcibly updated my computer the day this issue occurred so that may have something do with it.

is there anything i can do to fix this?

:)

nitro101, Oct 24, 2019
  2. nitro101 Win User

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output [​IMG]

^ other devices

restore defaults, test button, and all spatial sound options did nothing

here is the general tab for my headset. and yes, other sound devices work fine

nitro101, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

Sorry, I thought you had bluetooth as you mentioned pairing and unpairing the device. Yes if no bluetooth then troubleshooter is not going to find issue.

Could you post your version of this screen shot.

Are any of your devices in device manager reporting an issue? (with an exclamation mark)

Caledon Ken, Oct 24, 2019
  4. nitro101 Win User

no exclamation marks in device manager at all. i am forever cursed with obscure pc issues.

nitro101, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output - Similar Threads - Plantronics Rig 800HD

2. Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound: Last chance attempt, Bluetooth headset Plantronics connected but no sound. Got BT600 dongle just to be safe too, software up to date on dongle and headset.Setting checked, drivers updated and reverted back and forward for good measure.The control panel checked the Device...
  3. Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound: Last chance attempt, Bluetooth headset Plantronics connected but no sound. Got BT600 dongle just to be safe too, software up to date on dongle and headset.Setting checked, drivers updated and reverted back and forward for good measure.The control panel checked the Device...
  4. After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.: I randomly got a Blue Screen error while gaming with some friends, and after it updated Windows my headset no longer has sound. To be clear the mic works completely fine, apps like discord pick it up normally. I've tried about everything mentioned online including...
  5. My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer: My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer Even though it used to work. It picks up my microphone but the audio wont play through it....
  6. Issue with Plantronics Blackwire headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Plantronics Blackwire headset: Hi On my old windows 10 PC I never had any issues with a blackwire 3210 USB headset.. fresh install of Win 10 on a new PC and every few days the PC loses the HID device and I have to delete the device and re add it. Anyone else had similar issues and know how to solve it ?...
  7. Plantronics headset and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plantronics headset and Bluetooth: I recently started using a Plantronics bluetooth headset with my Lenovo laptop for telehealth. The headset pairs fine and will work for a while then my bluetooth will stop working. It not only stops working but the bluetooth radio button disappears. After attempting...
  8. My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC: Hey there, I have bought a Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset about a year ago. I have been trying to fix the mic that came with the headset for a long time. I have seen Youtube videos and asked friends about the problem, but nothing works. I have even deleted driver and...
  9. Device not migrated (Plantronics C510 Headset)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device not migrated (Plantronics C510 Headset): Hi I receive the following 'Device not migrated' error when checking the events in the device manager: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{859c102c-311e-41a3-899b-7b721ca75770} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  10. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output: my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected" bit to play i am able to play my voice via mic through my analog sound card i have reinstalled the generic USB sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RIG 800 HD stopped working win 10

2. rig headset connected but no sound

3. rig 800HD not pairing with computer

4. rig 800hd not playing sound,
  5. plantronic headphones not working on skype meetings,
  6. plantronics headset not working,
  7. mic stopped working headset,
  8. plantronics t110 headset telephone not working,
  9. playtronics rig not recognising speech in skype