Windows 10: Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

Discus and support Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nitro101, Jun 17, 2018.

1. nitro101 Win User

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound

the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected" bit to play

i am able to play my voice via mic through my analog sound card
    i have reinstalled the generic USB sound drivers they use
    i have tried setting the default device to both S/PDIF and USB sound
    i have tried pairing and unpairing the headset
    i have tried switching USB ports.
    i have turned off all enhancements and surround sound
    i have rebooted after all of these attempts

nothing, complete silence at any volume setting.

windows forcibly updated my computer the day this issue occurred so that may have something do with it.

is there anything i can do to fix this?

:)

nitro101, Jun 17, 2018

2. Connecting legacy Plantronics headsets to a Windows 10 machine

Headset Tip.

This tip is for people with the following Starting Situation:

• You have an older ("legacy") Plantronics headset, such as an "H-series" Plantronics SupraPlus HW251.
    • You have a two-piece rig: (1) the headset, which terminates in a Plantronics-style "quick disconnect" connection, and (2) an adapter cable with a quick-disconnect attachment at one end and (probably) a 2.5 mm jack at the other end.
    • Historically, you connected your headset rig directly into a desk phone.
    Goal:

You desire to use this headset with your Win 10 machine (in my case it was a Surface 3 machine running Win 10) in order to make Skype calls.

Tempting, but incorrect resolution:

• Plantronics makes a wide variety of adapters, one of which is a Quick Disconnect to 3.5 mm jack adapter. It is tempting to purchase this (relatively) inexpensive adapter, swap in the new 3.5 mm jack adapter in lieu of the existing 2.5mm jack adapter, and
      just plug in your "upgraded" headset rig into the 3.5 mm jack on your machine.
    • This approach will fail.
    Correct resolution:

• First, you must be willing and able to allocate 1 USB port on your machine and about $70 to solve this headset connection problem.
    • Second, determine through web research exactly which Plantronics headset model you have.
    • Third, call Plantronics customer support, which at this writing is 1-855-765-7878. Be surprised that a real person answers the phone and is helpful. Ask the Plantronics customer support person which "DA" adapter unit is compatible with the specific model
      of Plantronics headset that you have. The DA adapter has a Quick Disconnect at one end, a USB at the other end, and some electronics in between. Note that Plantronics developed more than 1 DA adapter unit, and the legacy headset to DA unit compatibility
      information is not on their website. Plantronics customer service can figure it out, though.
    • Forth, order the DA unit recommended by the Plantronics rep. You will order the DA adapter from a third party reseller.
    • Fifth, receive the part, connect it up, and test it out. Win 10 recognizes the DA adapter, your headset works as it should, and problem solved.

Jib Halyard, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Plantronics Introduces the RIG Gaming Headset

At Gamescom 2013, the world's largest event highlighting interactive games and entertainment, Plantronics announced its upcoming line of gaming products, RIG. RIG products are designed to help today's multi-screen and multi-device connected gamers manage their digital life. RIG systems blend superior game audio and chat, at home and on-the-go, with mobile audio, music, and apps, and lets users take calls without hitting pause. The first member of the RIG family is a premium stereo headset and mixer audio system, available worldwide this fall.

"The RIG headset marks the start of the next generation of gaming audio solutions, crafted for demanding gamers and their dynamic lifestyle. Building on our expertise in acoustics, industrial design, and communications, RIG delivers unique benefits for gamers," said Chuck Frizelle, head of Plantronics Gaming. "RIG immerses gamers in their virtual world while keeping them seamlessly connected to the real one."

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output Plantronics_RIG_01_thm.jpg

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output Plantronics_RIG_02_thm.jpg

Plantronics Gaming is pioneering the first gaming headset designed from the ground up with mobile connectivity as a focal point. The RIG stereo headset and mixer empowers players to focus on the game by managing their mix, their way. With a smartphone connected to the mixer, switching between game chat and taking a phone call on the fly is simple, with a touch of the paddle. Inject an alternate soundtrack by firing up stored or app-based music in place of the game soundtrack from a connected smartphone or tablet. Dial in a preferred mix of game and smartphone sound - calls, music, and app notifications - for a fully customized audio experience.

"With a complete system of headset, mixer, convertible cables, and two-way access to smartphone audio and voice communication, RIG gives users the power to integrate their lives with an ultimate gaming audio experience," said Frizelle. "The RIG audio solution is unique in the marketplace, delivers a premium system at a value price, and is a terrific launch pad for the RIG franchise."

The RIG headset delivers epic audio performance, with precision stereo, crystal-clear voice and three EQ profiles, including Seismic mode, allowing players to feel the bass. The RIG headset features breakthrough bass tube technology, driving accurate and powerful low-octave audio without distortion of critical mid and high frequency audio cues essential to gamers.

Features include:
    • Precision stereo headset: Offering exceptional audio quality traditionally only found in professional-grade products, with 40 mm speaker drivers, the RIG audio profile brings game sound to life, boost to music and clarity to voice communication.
    • Innovative mixer: The heart of the RIG system, the mixer seamlessly connects the virtual world and the real world. With a punch of the paddle, take calls without pausing the game. Twin sliders enable gamers to find the perfect mix of game audio, voice chat and smartphone audio.
    • Interchangeable boom and inline mics: The noise-cancelling boom mic blocks background noise for clear conversations. Swap it out and plug in the stealth inline mic with mute and call control - for music, chat or gaming on the go.
    • Three EQ profiles: Feel the game and boost your music with three EQ profiles - Pure, Intensify and Seismic. Experience epic bass with Plantronics proprietary bass tube technology.
    • Street style industrial design: The headset's sleek styling reflects its premium performance and active lifestyle orientation. A gaming headset that looks as good on the street as it does in the living room.
    • Ultra-comfortable ear cushions and headband: Designed for marathon gaming sessions, the RIG soft ear cushions provide long-wearing comfort, and the headband features just the right level of tension for a perfect fit.
    • Universal compatibility with PC/Mac, Xbox 360, PS3, smartphones and tables: More devices means more ways to game. RIG elegantly moves between computers, consoles and mobile devices without missing a beat.
    A complete audio system of headset, mixer and convertible mics and cables, the RIG stereo headset and mixer kicks off of the new series of RIG gaming products from Plantronics Gaming.

Pricing and Availability

RIG is expected to be available at retailers worldwide in fall 2013, for a suggested price of $129 USD, £109.99 GBP, and €129.99 EUR. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com/RIG.

Cristian_25H, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

Plantronics Launches RIG Headset + Mixer for Gamers

which logitech?
    from review it looks good, but some people have their own rating where they like booming bass, detail sound, clarity etc
    Plantronics RIG

Plantronics RIG Gaming Headset Review - Legit Reviews

micropage7, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

1. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output - Similar Threads - Plantronics Rig 800HD

2. Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound: Last chance attempt, Bluetooth headset Plantronics connected but no sound. Got BT600 dongle just to be safe too, software up to date on dongle and headset.Setting checked, drivers updated and reverted back and forward for good measure.The control panel checked the Device...
  3. Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Plantronics Headset Connected no sound: Last chance attempt, Bluetooth headset Plantronics connected but no sound. Got BT600 dongle just to be safe too, software up to date on dongle and headset.Setting checked, drivers updated and reverted back and forward for good measure.The control panel checked the Device...
  4. After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After BSoD Headset refuses to output sound.: I randomly got a Blue Screen error while gaming with some friends, and after it updated Windows my headset no longer has sound. To be clear the mic works completely fine, apps like discord pick it up normally. I've tried about everything mentioned online including...
  5. My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer: My plantronics rig 400 Xbox headset won’t act as an audio device for my computer Even though it used to work. It picks up my microphone but the audio wont play through it....
  6. Issue with Plantronics Blackwire headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Plantronics Blackwire headset: Hi On my old windows 10 PC I never had any issues with a blackwire 3210 USB headset.. fresh install of Win 10 on a new PC and every few days the PC loses the HID device and I have to delete the device and re add it. Anyone else had similar issues and know how to solve it ?...
  7. Plantronics headset and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plantronics headset and Bluetooth: I recently started using a Plantronics bluetooth headset with my Lenovo laptop for telehealth. The headset pairs fine and will work for a while then my bluetooth will stop working. It not only stops working but the bluetooth radio button disappears. After attempting...
  8. My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC: Hey there, I have bought a Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset about a year ago. I have been trying to fix the mic that came with the headset for a long time. I have seen Youtube videos and asked friends about the problem, but nothing works. I have even deleted driver and...
  9. Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plantronics Rig 800HD headset connected but no sound output: my headset speakers are no longer playing any sound the speakers themselves work since i get the usual "power on... battery high... headset connected" bit to play i am able to play my voice via mic through my analog sound card i have reinstalled the generic USB sound...
  10. Device not migrated (Plantronics C510 Headset)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device not migrated (Plantronics C510 Headset): Hi I receive the following 'Device not migrated' error when checking the events in the device manager: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{859c102c-311e-41a3-899b-7b721ca75770} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics headset no sound

2. plantronics no phone is connected

3. no phone is connected plantronics

4. rig 800hd no sound,
  5. plantronics no sound,
  6. plantronics headset no phone is connected,
  7. rig 800hd drivers,
  8. planatronics no sound from laptop,
  9. plantronics no phone connected,
  10. rig 800hd not playing sound,
  11. plantronics headset says no phone connected,